Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Avro vulcan?  (Read 7859 times)

BijiHunter

Avro vulcan?
« on: July 21, 2015, 09:06:55 am »

Just been thinking about this amazing plane and was wandering if anyone could get her flying in Outerra?

Bummer she recently flew for the last time :/

Freeware model link:

http://simviation.com/fs2004military69.htm

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”

― André Gide

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
Re: Avro vulcan?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 09:35:02 am »

Hi BH,

First. One has the rights of the owner / builder get this model.
Second. They should closely examine whether the model at all fit into OT. In other words, quality and processing, otherwise you have a Tetris model .... I hope you understand what I mean.
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 10:03:09 am »

Indeed, you need to send an e-mail to the creator for permition and ask if it at all has a 3D cockpit - there are lot of models just whyte a flat-texture base cockpit, so in OT, you would have just the exterior.

But id say, the vulcan is an interesting plane, saw one in the Wienna historical museum and is quite fascinating.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

BijiHunter

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 10:27:30 am »

Yes it has quite a detailed cockpit, think it used to be payware but the guy changed it to freeware. Not sure if I can get into contact with the guy, can't find any contact details. I know someone used it for Armed Assault, http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2753

If the owner has disappeared for a long while does it really matter if you used it? Shame to see it only being used with FSX :/

I also know nothing about 3D modelling and what models can be used with certain engines etc so don't really know if it will be a 'Tetris' model as you call it.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:29:31 am by BijiHunter »
“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”

― André Gide

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 10:40:16 am »

Yes it has quite a detailed cockpit, think it used to be payware but the guy changed it to freeware. Not sure if I can get into contact with the guy, can't find any contact details. I know someone used it for Armed Assault, http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2753

If the owner has disappeared for a long while does it really matter if you used it? Shame to see it only being used with FSX :/

I also know nothing about 3D modelling and what models can be used with certain engines etc so don't really know if it will be a 'Tetris' model as you call it.

... you newer know when he "appears" and starts an artilerry barrage of acusations from the nearest forum. ... Besides, there are normally a few people working on a project and some things may be payware,  made free, but still have legal assets, that wont allow any modification of the content (nasty things, but what can we do).
 You could try contact the arma-modder guy, hed know how to contact him.

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

BijiHunter

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 10:44:29 am »

Ah, just looked on the Arma page. It said the mod got taken down due to him not having permission. I guess She'll never fly again :'(

― André Gide

Revolver

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 10:55:38 am »

OK, I try to explain to you what I meant by Tetris model.
OT has a very detailed highs and degree of representation of our planet ... I'm talking about graphical quality of the engine. So if you are trying to OT another level of graphical representation of objects bring in, it looks like that when you try to mate a cow with the horse. ;)
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen

BijiHunter

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 10:58:48 am »

Ok I get it, so it's liked importing a mod from a old game with an older engine into a new sequel with a newer engine? Looks outa place?

― André Gide

Revolver

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 10:59:32 am »

And another thing. If you look at the model and notes at the end, that the
model without revision not progresses, then do not put your finger omit.
Because it is much easier and better to build a completely new model as
the existing revise leave.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 11:02:02 am by AH-DG »

Revolver

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 11:11:33 am »

Ok I get it, so it's liked importing a mod from a old game with an older engine into a new sequel with a newer engine? Looks outa place?

• Хорошо...я вижу Вы меня не совсем понимаете...поэтому попробую Вам объяснить на Вашем
    более Вам понятном языке.
    Моё мнение таково, что если пробовать вставлять модели в ОТ с менее детализированым град
    чем сама ОТ-Engine, то выглядеть они будут, как тетрис модели...т.е. не тянущие в квалитете с
    самой ОТ-Engine.Понимаете меня? Другими словами это не будет стоить всех затрат на переработку
    доводку модели под ОТ-Engine. Потому лехче зделать заново. Поэтому я и написал выше, что
    сперва надо смотреть модель, но еще раньше нужно спросить разрешение у "хозяина модели".
    Ведь Вы сами понимаете, что проблемы никаму не нужны...

SteelRat

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 05:37:09 pm »

• Хорошо...я вижу Вы меня не совсем понимаете...поэтому попробую Вам объяснить на Вашем
    более Вам понятном языке.
    Моё мнение таково, что если пробовать вставлять модели в ОТ с менее детализированым град
    чем сама ОТ-Engine, то выглядеть они будут, как тетрис модели...т.е. не тянущие в квалитете с
    самой ОТ-Engine.Понимаете меня? Другими словами это не будет стоить всех затрат на переработку
    доводку модели под ОТ-Engine. Потому лехче зделать заново. Поэтому я и написал выше, что
    сперва надо смотреть модель, но еще раньше нужно спросить разрешение у "хозяина модели".
    Ведь Вы сами понимаете, что проблемы никаму не нужны...

Движок откуда предлагают модель, глубокая древность). как и сама модель.
Если уж и смотреть то минимум на Арму 2, или Арму 3.
Хотя Арма 3 хоть и игра 2013 года, по сути та же лохматая древность!). Порылся я в ней достаточно. Даже готовую, тоже уже давно лохматых времён, библиотеку физики не могут настроить!). Я тащусь с БИСов!)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 11:17:20 pm »

I never heard about the Avro vulcan before... Is as impressive as huge!!!
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".