Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Import Aircraft - Bones and Rigging?  (Read 3832 times)

cjfunited

Import Aircraft - Bones and Rigging?
« on: July 31, 2015, 02:46:56 am »

Hi quick question community.

I am trying to import a model I have made. I am fine with getting physics and textures working. However I cannot for the life of me figure out animating ailerons, flaps and gears etc.

Do I make an armature with bones?
Do I just separate pieces into objects and do tricky scripting.

I have searched and searched and searched and cannot for the life of me find anything that address this in regards to aircraft.

I am using Blender for modelling purposes, If someone can help or point me in the right direction, I will make a tutorial of the full process from Blender to Outerra.

Cheers

Carlin Frost

cjfunited

Re: Import Aircraft - Bones and Rigging?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 02:48:58 am »

Also any information in the it doesn't have to be Blender related. I would like to know your process with whatever you make your models with, wether that be Maya or 3d Max.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 03:22:56 am »

Hi there ... im working in Blender too ... if ya like, you can send me the file (upload it somewhere like google drive and paste a link to it here) ... ill look whats the state of it and let ya know what to do ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 01:38:03 pm »

"However I cannot for the life of me figure out animating ailerons, flaps and gears etc."

This animations are made with javascript.
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".