Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: CARsim  (Read 140480 times)

SteelRat

Re: CARsim
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2015, 10:20:10 am »

Я с самого начала хотел взять для опытов ваш УРАЛ. Я три раза пытался им заняться), но меня каждый раз останавливало большое количество мешей, которое в моём случае больше мешает чем приносит пользы). Будет отлично если вы сделаете версию Урала разрезанную на логические элементы.

И ещё, по поводу колёс, сделайте пожалуйста одно колесо, а не несколько. Я попытаюсь объяснить почему я это прошу. Дело в том, что такая реализация моделирования ситуации, когда колесу наносится урон, вместо исправного колеса делается видимым другой меш колеса, это устаревающая технология, которую не выгодно нести с собой в будущее).

Вот как такая реализация выглядит в игре, согласитесь, совсем не изящно).

Я хочу попросить сообщество поддержать моё предложение разработчикам, и реализовать такую модель симуляции шин колеса, через такое моделирование появляется возможность регулировать давление в шинах, а так же позволит реализовать урон, привлекательный визуально.
http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3151.msg38201#msg38201

Будущее за процедурным разрушением, а Outerra это будущее).

Если я ошибаюсь пусть разработчики меня поправят. Я уверен, движок может реализовать процедурный урон не только колесу, но и любой части транспортного средства, движок строит процедурно целую планету!).
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 10:27:42 am by SteelRat »

SteelRat

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2015, 11:12:27 am »

SteelRat

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2015, 11:33:29 am »

SteelRat

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2015, 01:06:32 pm »

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2015, 02:11:38 pm »

Я с самого начала хотел взять для опытов ваш УРАЛ. Я три раза пытался им заняться), но меня каждый раз останавливало большое количество мешей, которое в моём случае больше мешает чем приносит пользы). Будет отлично если вы сделаете версию Урала разрезанную на логические элементы.

И ещё, по поводу колёс, сделайте пожалуйста одно колесо, а не несколько. Я попытаюсь объяснить почему я это прошу. Дело в том, что такая реализация моделирования ситуации, когда колесу наносится урон, вместо исправного колеса делается видимым другой меш колеса, это устаревающая технология, которую не выгодно нести с собой в будущее).

Я хочу попросить сообщество поддержать моё предложение разработчикам, и реализовать такую модель симуляции шин колеса, через такое моделирование появляется возможность регулировать давление в шинах, а так же позволит реализовать урон, привлекательный визуально.
http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3151.msg38201#msg38201

Будущее за процедурным разрушением, а Outerra это будущее).

Если я ошибаюсь пусть разработчики меня поправят. Я уверен, движок может реализовать процедурный урон не только колесу, но и любой части транспортного средства, движок строит процедурно целую планету!).

... OK ... ill try to split it up into pieces and give it to ya, when its ready (but UVs/textures will still be shared partially - just cant get around some stuff).

As for the wheel ... im curious how ya want to change wheel-parameters right now ... also, the wheel-meshes are just for susension animation, the real wheals are just empty meshes (just origins/pivot points) at the proper places to witch i reffer for height-data for the animations  --- (so, youre have to bind them to the axles then probably) tha means i should split up the ural and export the Base itself whiteout the wheels and the wheels separately too ?

... also, shall i split the ZU-23-2 gun too in pieces ? (turret base and the gun-seating as separate parts).

P.S.: I know Cameni wrote something about plans of " dynamic " whels, but guess there are tonns of things before jumping to those yet (and im really interested in that rain thing). I myself tried severall times to import a wheel white bones in star-shape to be able to deform the rubber, but i kinda cant muster importing it and making it work.  (my thought was, that i would move/rotate the base-mesh of the ural if the tire would blow or pressure lowered, tweaked so, that the suspension animations would be corrected also the proper way in math)  --- if i could make it work, it would be possible to do it right in the state the things are yet in OT script/importer-wise ( off course two weeks of tweaking suspension math again :D ... also, now i trying to figure out how to use the new key-binding to open/use stuff .. is kinda weird now).

P.P.S.: Is that the DCSs model of the BTR80 ? Or am i confusing it of the ARMA one ?  ... that shaking booty. Like jello armor.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 02:19:56 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

SteelRat

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2015, 04:05:27 pm »

P.P.S.: Is that the DCSs model of the BTR80 ? Or am i confusing it of the ARMA one ?  ... that shaking booty. Like jello armor.
Я не знаю откуда модель БТР).

... OK ... ill try to split it up into pieces and give it to ya, when its ready (but UVs/textures will still be shared partially - just cant get around some stuff).

As for the wheel ... im curious how ya want to change wheel-parameters right now ... also, the wheel-meshes are just for susension animation, the real wheals are just empty meshes (just origins/pivot points) at the proper places to witch i reffer for height-data for the animations  --- (so, youre have to bind them to the axles then probably) tha means i should split up the ural and export the Base itself whiteout the wheels and the wheels separately too ?

Пока всё это не важно, оставьте пока как есть, с начала мне нужно проверить мои идеи.
А для этого мне нужны подходящие объекты.

Code: [Select]
..\packages\PytonPago\Gun
..\packages\PytonPago\Turret

Этого мне достаточно для экспериментов.

Если разбирать зенитку, имеет смысл на три части.
Code: [Select]
..\packages\PytonPago\Gun
..\packages\PytonPago\Turret
..\packages\PytonPago\Wheel_chassis
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 04:18:59 pm by SteelRat »

SteelRat

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2015, 04:15:48 pm »

P.S.: I know Cameni wrote something about plans of " dynamic " whels, but guess there are tonns of things before jumping to those yet (and im really interested in that rain thing). I myself tried severall times to import a wheel white bones in star-shape to be able to deform the rubber, but i kinda cant muster importing it and making it work.  (my thought was, that i would move/rotate the base-mesh of the ural if the tire would blow or pressure lowered, tweaked so, that the suspension animations would be corrected also the proper way in math)  --- if i could make it work, it would be possible to do it right in the state the things are yet in OT script/importer-wise ( off course two weeks of tweaking suspension math again :D ... also, now i trying to figure out how to use the new key-binding to open/use stuff .. is kinda weird now).

Если я правильно понял что вы хотели сказать, у меня тоже была мысль такой же реализации). Только есть проблема, мы не можем повлиять на wheel collider).

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2015, 05:29:50 pm »

Here you have it speed-split ... if ya need something changed, let me know.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ZscF0ox2AGazctWEtYbk9odGs/view?usp=sharing
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

SteelRat

« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2015, 12:08:57 pm »

Thank PytonPago!

SteelRat

« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2015, 11:25:10 am »

Hi cameni!

I have read this post
http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2705.msg28418#msg28418

But I'm not sure that I understood correctly translated)
I have the opportunity to write the logic of the car in the script in C ++?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2015, 04:07:42 pm »

It's doable because the same API exists in C++ and JS. However, vehicle loader currently supports loading only JS scripts, we need to extend it to load also dlls with C++ vehicle handler code.

SteelRat

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2015, 06:01:54 pm »

It's doable because the same API exists in C++ and JS. However, vehicle loader currently supports loading only JS scripts, we need to extend it to load also dlls with C++ vehicle handler code.

OK.
A version of this relevant?
http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2705.msg28428#msg28428

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2015, 09:04:37 pm »

Hi, SteelRat!

You may want to see this... Could be fun to make some tests here...

http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3448.0
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

SteelRat

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2015, 09:44:26 pm »

Hi, SteelRat!

You may want to see this... Could be fun to make some tests here...

http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3448.0

Let's ask us to do it Сameni :)

Jagerbomber

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2015, 11:22:02 pm »

I know the maps aren't that massive and the video doesn't really show it, but SpinTires performs incredibly well for the amount of details in it.  Of course the mud (which saves the tire ruts) and water are a huge plus.  I never drop below 60-59 with Vsync on.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20