Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: CARsim  (Read 140746 times)

HiFlyer

Re: CARsim
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2015, 12:06:14 pm »

Code: [Select]
I swear, something about the wheels seems wrong. At higher speeds they look like they are not spinning at the correct rates (or even that they have stopped, or are going backwards)

Это нормально! Таков визуальный эффект, который зависит от рисунка протектора шин, при определённых скоростях создаётся визуальный эффект вращения в противоположенную сторону.

True, but the Spintires video you showed largely managed to avoid the affect, somehow. (as do most car games) I wonder what the difference is? Oh, well, its a small thing considering how great all the rest of it is looking!  =D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 12:11:02 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

SteelRat

« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2015, 12:24:53 pm »

I swear, something about the wheels seems wrong. At higher speeds they look like they are not spinning at the correct rates (or even that they have stopped, or are going backwards)

Это нормально! Таков визуальный эффект, который зависит от рисунка протектора шин, при определённых скоростях создаётся визуальный эффект вращения в противоположенную сторону.

True, but the Spintires video you showed largely managed to avoid the affect, somehow. (as do most car games) I wonder what the difference is? Oh, well, its a small thing considering how great all the rest of it is looking!  =D

RPM, Hz

Зависимость от оборотов, или можно сказать частоты.
В Spintires слишком малы скорости, что бы проявился данный эффект.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2015, 12:52:54 pm »

Какая то странность с текстурой колеса

... if ya mean those little bumps on the left rear wheel - its an special mesh for a damaged wheel popping out ... otherwise, all wheels are UVd, but the wheel-texture isnt finished. M7 did a first try texture, doe he deemed it not good enough ... so ill wait for him to play a little with it (he waited at first for some programs update, also, probably not much time to play around with it for him right now ... dont worry SteelRat, it will be eventually). Other than that - some material parameters can make sometimes funny stuff.

I swear, something about the wheels seems wrong. At higher speeds they look like they are not spinning at the correct rates (or even that they have stopped, or are going backwards)  ???

The even seem to be rotating at different speeds than the hubcaps? (is it just me?)

Thats an "optical" illusion based on the FPS you see and the brains processing way for images - if the missing images at certain speeds of the wheels seem to show the wheels proceed the other way frame after frame, it makes this effect for people. But its rotating the right way - in real life, if speeds exeede the processing speed of the brain itself (lets say if the wheel had a dot from the side) and its rotating just so fast, that the brain cant handle to see the points progress properly, it reaches a point in the rotation speed when each brain processed "image" you see makes you think the point is standing at one place. And if it gets slightly faster, you see as it would rotate the oposite way ... one can test this way the speed of brains vision processing.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

SteelRat

« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2015, 01:00:24 pm »

if ya mean those little bumps on the left rear wheel - its an special mesh for a damaged wheel popping out ... otherwise, all wheels are UVd, but the wheel-texture isnt finished. M7 did a first try texture, doe he deemed it not good enough ... so ill wait for him to play a little with it (he waited at first for some programs update, also, probably not much time to play around with it for him right now ... dont worry SteelRat, it will be eventually). Other than that - some material parameters can make sometimes funny stuff.

О повреждённом колесе я знаю, я его видел).
Да, я говорил про разные оттенки цвета, и я не волнуюсь), я сказал для информации).

Thats an "optical" illusion based on the FPS you see and the brains processing way for images - if the missing images at certain speeds of the wheels seem to show the wheels proceed the other way frame after frame, it makes this effect for people. But its rotating the right way - in real life, if speeds exeede the processing speed of the brain itself (lets say if the wheel had a dot from the side) and its rotating just so fast, that the brain cant handle to see the points progress properly, it reaches a point in the rotation speed when each brain processed "image" you see makes you think the point is standing at one place. And if it gets slightly faster, you see as it would rotate the oposite way ... one can test this way the speed of brains vision processing.

5+  :)

PS
Здесь данный эффект проявил себя ярко)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 01:47:45 pm by SteelRat »

SteelRat

« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2015, 01:57:33 pm »

Hi cameni!

Как ускоряется масса наземного транспортного средства по шкале времени?
У меня такое ощущение что одинаково, например от 0 км/ч до 20 масса разгоняется за то же самое время что и от 50 км/ч до 70. Я хочу сказать у меня ощущение, что временная шкала одинакова для ускорения на любой скорости. Это так?

А как этот момент выглядит в реальности?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 03:09:13 pm by SteelRat »

HiFlyer

« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2015, 02:24:07 pm »

Yes, I know of the effect, and you also see it on fans, but I think in real life there is quite a bit more motion blur, so that unless you have a strobe light functioning, there are never long periods where spinning objects seem to be standing still. Levis planes even have a specific "blur" texture to account for that on the spinning propellers.

Oh, well.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

SteelRat

« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2015, 12:54:17 pm »

RU
На переднюю ось мощность не подаётся, но видео ставит вопрос, почему крутятся колёса передней оси?

PytonPago

« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2015, 02:57:08 pm »

На переднюю ось мощность не подаётся, но видео ставит вопрос, почему крутятся колёса передней оси?

-------

No force is given to the front axle, so why are those wheels rotating ?

-------

... sometimes wheels rotate or flicker (but mostly the whole vehicle) when eather standing just still or standing still white the engine off (just a little bit). I suspect it has something to do white the way whels are processed in OT vs. the ground (terrain collision mesh).
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2015, 03:20:56 pm »

There are some issues with tire friction and the way it's simulated in Bullet. Wheel rotation is computed indirectly, and it shows this friction error on steep surfaces.

SteelRat

« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2015, 04:27:38 pm »

There are some issues with tire friction and the way it's simulated in Bullet. Wheel rotation is computed indirectly, and it shows this friction error on steep surfaces.

I understood.

RU:
Было бы полезно иметь такие данные.
Я бы сказал, очень нужно.
Translate:
It would be useful to have such data.
I would say it is very necessary.

var wheelData = this.wheel(0);
var sN = wheelData.surfaceName; // "concrete" ...
var slips = wheelData.slips; // if true slips, if false no slips

SteelRat

« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2015, 12:03:34 pm »

Hi PytonPago!

I need help)

this.sounds = {
emitter: {
starter: {joint:"bone"},
idle: {joint:"1 any bone in engine"},
engine: {joint:"2 any bone in engine"},
engineTrust: {joint:"3 any bone in engine"},
engineHeavy: {joint:"4 any bone in engine"}
gearBoxAct: {joint:"any bone in gear box"}
}
}

PytonPago

« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2015, 08:34:26 pm »

The whole engine and its clutch is one piece -  "Engine" .... the gearbox is in one mesh white a few stuff from the middle of the chasis - "BaseM" (so the bone is approx 0,3 m behind the gearbox   ...  you better use "BONE_Rod 001E" as its at it white its bone, i might split some stuff later to sepparate pieces if ya need (probably better even for simulations of hit-boxes latter) ). The engine has also a fan - "BONE_Engine_Fan".

As for sounds ... i never come across a better sound of the YAMZ engine sound like the one i used in some older versions of the ural. There are few sites having some engine sounds in different RPMs, but nothing sounding simmilar to it.  :(

SteelRat

« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2015, 08:36:57 am »

As for sounds ... i never come across a better sound of the YAMZ engine sound like the one i used in some older versions of the ural. There are few sites having some engine sounds in different RPMs, but nothing sounding simmilar to it.

По поводу озвучивания проблем нет)

SteelRat

« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2015, 09:07:53 am »

i might split some stuff later to sepparate pieces if ya need (probably better even for simulations of hit-boxes latter) ).

Пока точно не ясно сколько будет нужно источников звука, например для двигателя источников звука будет нужно больше чем один), потому что звуки будут смешиваться.

Когда будете разделять двигатель добавьте кости для источников звука
1) Блок цилиндров - snd_emitter_engine_0 ... snd_emitter_engine_9, я думаю этого будет более чем достаточно, для дальнейшего развития, позиция для всех одна.
2) Генератор - snd_emitter_generator_0 ... snd_emitter_generator_2, позиция для всех одна.
3) Стартер - snd_emitter_starter_0 ... snd_emitter_starter_2, позиция для всех одна.
4) Коробка передач - snd_emitter_gearbox_0 ... snd_emitter_gearbox_2, позиция для всех одна.
5) Распределительная коробка - snd_emitter_transferbox_0 ... snd_emitter_transferbox_2, позиция для всех одна.

С большой долей вероятности где то понадобится больше, а где то меньше, на данный момент трудно предсказать. Работа только началась).

На данный момент я вешаю все звуки на переднюю левую ресору)
this.sounds = {
emitter: {
starter: {},
idle: {joint:"RetFL_B000", refDist: 9.0, loop:1},
engine: {joint:"RetFL_B001", refDist: 9.0, loop:1},
engineTrust: {joint:"RetFL_B002", refDist: 9.0, loop:1},
engineHeavy: {joint:"RetFL_B003", refDist: 9.0, loop:1},
gearBoxAct: {joint:"RetFL_B004", refDist: 4.0},
handBrake: {joint:"HandBrake", refDist: 2.5}
},
engine: {
starter: {
//file:"",
//emitter:"starter",
pitch:1,
gain:1
},
idle: {
file:"sounds/engine/ural_idle.ogg",
emitter:"idle",
},
engine: {
file:"sounds/engine/ural_low.ogg",
emitter:"engine",
},
engineTrust: {
file:"sounds/engine/kraz_high.ogg",
emitter:"engineTrust",
},
engineHeavy: {
file:"sounds/engine/kraz_heavy.ogg",
emitter:"engineHeavy",
}
},
env: {
handBrake: {
file:"sounds/truck/handbrake.ogg",
emitter:"handBrake",
gain:.5
}
}
};

PytonPago

« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2015, 10:51:27 am »

Is there some problem to have all the sounds for the engine/starter/generators coming from one bone (some bone-bound scripting ?) ? Or is it just that the slight difference of positions is better in sound effect ? .... Also, separate cylinders ?!? What are you doing there ? :D

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20