Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Ground Branch KickStarter  (Read 6308 times)

Jonathan

Ground Branch KickStarter
« on: November 04, 2013, 03:16:30 am »

A second Ground Branch KickStarter is on it's way. If you don't know who or what they are check them out at http://www.groundbranch.com

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Ground Branch KickStarter
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 10:26:11 am »

It is going to be a hard sell now that ArmAIII has taken off. They would need to bump their visuals up a few more notches.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 02:05:33 pm »

It is going to be a hard sell now that ArmAIII has taken off. They would need to bump their visuals up a few more notches.

Their waiting for OT  :D :D ...

It may look a little oldish, but if the gameplay will be good and the modding options wide, it may end well for them anyway ... still, their seem to do more of the technical stuff than graphics in it, so maybe it comes later ? But no open world as it looks like ... what is actually ok for a CQC tactics oriented game. Maybe it would be nice for them to implement some special things, that has been ignored to this time. Just like rope-jump window entrances for higher buildings and boat/column/bus-securing ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Jonathan

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 03:16:25 pm »

These guys are all about realism, No Hollywood stuff! They will have non linear game play with open world map environments.

- About Making the maps:

More Youtube Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Ground+Branch&oq=Ground+Branch&gs_l=youtube.3..35i39j0l3j0i5.39.1274.0.1702.12.12.0.0.0.0.180.1132.5j7.12.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.aH2zdUW1pWY

I suggest you take the time to browse through the website and see what they are all about and yes I believe it will beat ARMAIII in a realism factor in a big way.

If you support these guys in the KickStarter I believe they announced you will get access to the beta
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 03:24:13 pm by Jonathan »

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 03:47:51 pm »

Ahh ... just owerlooked the map-design. :D Than its all OK.

It may look dull for some people to clear out stuff the Rainbow six way, but in reality ... well, lets just say its impossible to imitate situations like Beslan and others were, but there were not much games to topple the real tenseness of such to this day, when smarts must fight adrenalin and fear.  -- Serious (just like some guys play armaII whyte real procedure and communication) group online play may be the real place it could show itself in all its potential ...

(dont be stagered to see them shoot first in some scenes - the shown tactics are from the "situation gone bad" type, when the foes possibly already killed hostages and holding to the last man - something those guys possibly had their share of already in dagestan or in chechen campains (are used as military assets in war too))
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 03:54:11 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Jonathan

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 09:53:12 pm »

KcikStarter scheduled for January,2014!

Jonathan

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 03:12:15 pm »