Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Interchangeable parts  (Read 7183 times)

Shadowfita

Interchangeable parts
« on: July 14, 2015, 08:37:49 pm »

Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to import a vehicle that let's you change parts etc ingame? if it is possible what would be required?

An example would be a car that is just a normal car then you can flick a switch and suddenly it has a spoiler.

HiFlyer

Re: Interchangeable parts
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 09:31:01 pm »

Would'nt you just hide or unhide parts to do that?
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Shadowfita

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 11:32:27 pm »

How would that be done ingame?

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 01:24:32 am »

How would that be done ingame?

... you can bind any action (from turning up and down lights, to fire and changing mehes visibility) to any of the selectable buttons (like the AUX1 - 4). Whayt is the main aim ? Some racing car spoilers ? (dont think, you would be able now to call up a window whyte a sellectable list, but maybe in the future).
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Shadowfita

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 01:51:32 am »

The main aim at the moment is just have a key that can cycle through different parts of the vehicle as an original test.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 02:18:01 am »

The main aim at the moment is just have a key that can cycle through different parts of the vehicle as an original test.

...  i had a whyle ago a "sellector" for oppening different stuff on a vehicle like this:

- first you need a counter, that will at a press of a button change the number by +1 and change back to zero, when the max. is reached. best incorporated trough that existing script in the "function action(k,v,dt)" part:

Code: [Select]
  if (v == 1 && aHornBool == true) {
          /// some action

}

if (v == 1 && aHornBool == false) {
           aHornTime = aHornTime + (2 * 1);
     /// some action
  }

if (v == 1) {
      if (aHornBool == false) {aHornBool = true;}
      else{aHornBool = false;}
  }

Than in the "function update_frame(dt, engine, brake, steering)" (or even in the "///some action" space) add some IF functions turning visibility on and off for each number (one selectable mesh visible, all other invisible).

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Shadowfita

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 04:17:05 am »

Where can I find the function 'action(k,v,dt)' ?

*edit*

Never mind, thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 04:27:27 am by Shadowfita »