Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Rpg survival mod ?  (Read 3091 times)

aum

Rpg survival mod ?
« on: August 11, 2015, 07:28:21 pm »

i would like to start on some kind of mod for outerra, that gives it some survival exploration resource sort of game play, where you have to build bases and ships to get off world to a space station or moon perhaps where you might find alien technology that lets you jump to other planets, to find new resources and life , where do i start ?

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
Re: Rpg survival mod ?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 09:13:17 pm »

Unless you are the wizard of C++ already, start with something achievable I suggest, join the modding community, and if you have the capability, pioneer new functionality in the direction you want to go. Maybe begin by importing an asset, learn to configure and use the script interface, and go from there. There is no SDK yet, the API isn't completely exposed, and additional planets aren't possible yet without extensive understanding of GIS tools and specialized software for generating the world data, and Outerra is not at the stage where full fledged game development is even possible.

Regards,
Uriah

aum

Re: Rpg survival mod ?
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 12:26:23 am »

thanks for the reply, im not a wizard but i can understand and learn some things quickly, ive done some importing of models n messed about with some mods.
ive been popping on outerra. since i got it a year or 2 ago, and compared to some technology in games out now, its come quite far and is still looking great.
its just missing some kind of game element, and yes an SDK would be great, im sure modders would go nuts and outerra would be all the more popular.
but ill start with the scripts thanks :)