Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: I'm back, well sort of....  (Read 9999 times)

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!
I'm back, well sort of....
« on: May 03, 2016, 04:24:46 am »

Hey there all,

I've been away for some time due to many life reasons, but, i'm back, more importantly I am reading a lot of stuff about my previous texture replacement pack.

I had initially thought this was gone due to some awful backup issues, but, forgot at the time I had burnt stuff on DVD and stored them away in a cupboard.

So, I have the textures I made, which i'm not sure if Brano used all of them in Outerra (even though I had basically given them to him. I am unsure if he took the copies I had stored online as they were removed due to the "awful backup issue" I had.

Nevertheless, I guess they never saw a lot of daylight so I'm throwing them back out into the yonder to all who want to play with them. No use in my cupboard.

Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzznjjqm1ynt0sd/biome%20textures.zip?dl=0

:)
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
Re: I'm back, well sort of....
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 06:04:45 am »

Hi Kelvinr!  :)  And welcome back!

Unfortunately these textures won't be directly compatible since before the release of version 6601 since the texture system has been updated, however texture mods for trees should still work. Things are more complicated now and color is driven by the global color map, I'm not exactly sure what the last OT version these textures would have been compatible with. I never had a chance to see your texture mod in Outerra, and only glimpsed a few screenshots, but I remember they looked incredible! Hopefully in the future we'll be able to have dynamic geo-specific seasons. Maybe Cameni will be able to fill in the technical details as I don't understand it enough to elaborate any further.

Hope to see you around more!

Regards,
Uriah

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 09:44:55 am »

Hi Kevin,

really nice textures and one can see that there a lot of work plugged.
Thanks for that.

Gruß,
Stefan
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 10:43:18 am »

So, I have the textures I made, which i'm not sure if Brano used all of them in Outerra (even though I had basically given them to him. I am unsure if he took the copies I had stored online as they were removed due to the "awful backup issue" I had.

I'm sure I have them somewhere .. in the heaps of collected data =|

Yea as Uriah wrote, due to the nature of the procedural texturing they are not usable directly, and current system still doesn't allow them to be fully utilized as mods. That's going to change though, lithologic data will allow us to combine multiple rock textures, and I hope to find suitable soil data as well.

HiFlyer

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 11:22:06 am »

KelvinR whatever happened to the videos of your textures?
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 01:39:42 am »

The local videos I had on my driver were lost.

As for the Youtube stuff, it appeared at the time my Gmail account was hacked as when I did gain access via the alternative means I had no videos in my account.

It was an awful few weeks at that time, I had a lot of videos of my PPL flying experiences, all lost :(
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

HiFlyer

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 06:20:40 am »

The local videos I had on my driver were lost.

As for the Youtube stuff, it appeared at the time my Gmail account was hacked as when I did gain access via the alternative means I had no videos in my account.

It was an awful few weeks at that time, I had a lot of videos of my PPL flying experiences, all lost :(

Wow, sorry to hear about that, you have to wonder what could possibly motivate the people who do that sort of stuff.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

nothinglikethesun

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 03:26:16 am »

Hey there all,

I've been away for some time due to many life reasons, but, i'm back, more importantly I am reading a lot of stuff about my previous texture replacement pack.

I had initially thought this was gone due to some awful backup issues, but, forgot at the time I had burnt stuff on DVD and stored them away in a cupboard.

Nevertheless, I guess they never saw a lot of daylight so I'm throwing them back out into the yonder to all who want to play with them. No use in my cupboard.

Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzznjjqm1ynt0sd/biome%20textures.zip?dl=0

:)

Hi Kelvin. Thanks for you job.  A question. Texture mods for trees still work?  How can i install ?

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 10:34:51 am »

Ive not been gone, just silent. Creating an empire is busy work.

Welcome Back
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo