Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [WIP] Reunion Island  (Read 19401 times)

HiFlyer

Re: [WIP] ... (it's a secret)
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2015, 01:53:08 pm »

I want to make scenery too, but don't have Acetones patience. I'm waiting until roads auto-merge instead of having to painstakingly hand level stuff.  :facepalm:
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: [WIP] ... (it's a secret)
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2015, 04:09:44 pm »

Hey Acetone, I`d like to get into scenery building in Outerra as well. can I try making the small town of Saint Philippe on the South East corner of the island? Maybe it turns out good!

BTW, is there any specific asset set you`ll use for this scenery?

Oh man, completely forgot I was planning to work on this. JBLM and stuff like that, didn't had the time...

Of course, you can test scenery crafting in this area, the village you choose is perfect for that :)
Here is a cache of the (small) work I did in the island, you'll have the airport and a few roads, but as you will see, nothing really advanced at all.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yusv1tbgrk4gec1/Reunion.otx

For buildings, I think you should use some of the smaller houses of the World2Xplane Polish and British houses. You'll see that only a limited set of models set very well with these kind of middle sized houses. Just check the sizes you need and delete the others models to have a more simple building list. Check the ones right next to the LFNA airport in the Alps scenery, these are probably the ones you want to use.
Outside of this, try add things step by step, don't try to do everything at once, find some good music, and you'll see that it's very relaxing :)
Experiment stuff when you get bored, it's your place so you can do what you want with it  ^-^

This island may be the perfect place for collaborative scenery development. If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask (and don't forget to post pictures of your progress !)
Also: http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3231.0

Have fun!

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
Re: [WIP] Reunion Island
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2015, 05:09:12 pm »

I`m really experienced with building scenery for games (I make routes for Trainz Simulator)
Thanks! :D
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 05:34:41 pm by John514 »
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

HiFlyer

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2015, 05:25:18 pm »

I think when Outerra reaches that ease of tool use, modders will be all over it.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2015, 05:33:09 pm »

I think when Outerra reaches that ease of tool use, modders will be all over it.

True! And I`ll be one of the first! :P

By the way, why the short draw distance on the rivers?
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

CaptTrego

• Target 4 Today!
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2015, 02:38:18 pm »

True! And I`ll be one of the first!

By the way, why the short draw distance on the rivers?

Use a 1000 pounder to take out the bridge did ya?   

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

"Will it ever fly...??"

<CaptTrego!>

HiFlyer

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2015, 03:08:08 pm »

Hmmmmmm.... are rivers persistant, yet?
Pages: 1 [2]