Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: White grass  (Read 3532 times)

dudezzz

White grass
« on: August 29, 2015, 07:55:45 pm »

I had a problem with grass being white instead of green that in previous versions I could solve by pasting "$con.symbol("$SRGB_TF_BUG", "1")" into the console. Unfortunately this fix doesn't seem to work with the new update. Is there any way to get rid of the white grass?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: White grass
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 02:05:47 am »

Hmm, the workaround should still work. What OS and GPU version and drivers have you got? You could also paste the initial part of eng.log with detected info here.

2eyed

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 04:36:46 am »

Not the same issue but somehow related are white grass seams in sandy environments. It looks not very natural to me.
I know it's the way grass color is rendered, but maybe the white colors could be surpressed.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 04:43:24 am »

Ah, forgot about that one. It's a bit tricky because the grass takes the color from the biome, which makes also the reddish brown tones where appropriate. But it's true that a white one should not exist, I'll need to correct that.

thibdumont

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 01:03:44 pm »

Same here, the fix doesn't work anymore with the new version. I have an AMD HD5850 with latest driver : 15.200.1062.1004 and i'm running Windows 10 but i had the same issue on Windows 7.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 03:56:04 am »

Ok I managed to reproduce the problem on 5770 with latest drivers. SRGB TF driver bug is not detected, but still appears on the grass.

Btw the $con.symbol("$SRGB_TF_BUG", "1") console workaround still works, but pasting text from clipboard stopped working in the new version.