Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Model Sizes?  (Read 9150 times)

Shadowfita

Model Sizes?
« on: October 01, 2015, 06:55:37 am »

Sorry if this is the wrong section, but I was wondering how does one get an accurate 'life size' object into outerra? I've tried using 3DS Max and resizing it with the units set to meters and making sure it is the same size as its real life counterpart... but it seems a lot larger than everything else in outerra. Is there any trick to getting it an accurate size for outerra?

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
Re: Model Sizes?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 12:32:12 pm »

That is common in both, Max and Blender. Check your scale settings when exporting, whether in fbx or collada.

For example in Max:

Fbx exporter.
     Advanced.
         Units.

play with the settings.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 12:36:28 pm by KW71 »
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Shadowfita

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 10:53:19 pm »

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I've set the unit sizes in 3ds Max to meters and it's resized accordingly but it's an abnormal size in outerra.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 11:19:22 pm »

How are you exporting from Max to Outerra? If you are exporting to .fbx, check your scale settings in the fbx exporter, or do that in the collada exporter, if you are using .dae format.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 11:21:43 pm by KW71 »
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Shadowfita

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 11:33:53 pm »

I'm using opencolleda, how would I change the exporting settings for that?

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 12:06:04 am »

Don't know about opencollada settings... I would recommend you to start using the .fbx exporter (ctrl+F7 in Outerra)... Is the format that will prevail here.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 12:10:51 am by KW71 »

Shadowfita

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 04:32:12 am »

Thanks for the replies, I had another question about hiding mesh with javascript... I've tried using this.geom.set_mesh_visible("meshname", false); but it doesn't seem to be hiding the mesh at all.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 10:18:35 am »

No idea about that... Hope somebody else can help you...

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 05:12:22 pm »

Thanks for the replies, I had another question about hiding mesh with javascript... I've tried using this.geom.set_mesh_visible("meshname", false); but it doesn't seem to be hiding the mesh at all.

if its for a vehicle, it has to be in the " function init_vehicle() { " section and after the "   this.geom = this.get_geomob(0); " line ...

Code: [Select]

... function init_vehicle() {
  this.geom = this.get_geomob(0);
  this.geom.set_mesh_visible_id(this.bs01_id, true);

}

« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 05:16:44 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Shadowfita

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 05:23:45 pm »

Yeah, I put it in the init_vehicle and it doesn't seem to do anything... what I have should render it 90% invisible.

PytonPago

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2015, 04:49:51 am »

... im not sure now if ya can have "rb_wheel":"default" in the mesh names ... you better allways use "_" on anything. I know i had a problem white some other symbols so i use just letters, numbers and "_". (and also avoiding too long names, like 35+ signs, doe i think Cameny did something about the lenght ... not sure yet)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 04:53:24 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Shadowfita

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2015, 05:13:08 pm »

I'll give that a try, thanks.

Shadowfita

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2015, 06:03:25 pm »

... im not sure now if ya can have "rb_wheel":"default" in the mesh names ... you better allways use "_" on anything. I know i had a problem white some other symbols so i use just letters, numbers and "_". (and also avoiding too long names, like 35+ signs, doe i think Cameny did something about the lenght ... not sure yet)

Turns out outerra renamed the : to _ so it's now working :P, thanks.

PytonPago

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2015, 01:37:34 am »

Turns out outerra renamed the : to _ so it's now working :P, thanks.

... what, the importer did it automatically ?

Shadowfita

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2015, 05:23:24 am »

Yeah, it renamed the mesh from thing_thing:thing to thing_thing_thing.