Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Theshanergy's Vehicles  (Read 5153 times)

HiFlyer

Theshanergy's Vehicles
« on: October 18, 2015, 07:44:36 am »

Just a heads up, many of Theshanergy's vehicles no longer work correctly in the latest versions of Outerra. Many won't start at all, or simply float in the air, etc.

I wrote to Theshanergy several weeks ago regarding the issue, and he wrote back that he has drifted away from Outerra and would like somebody else to take charge of keeping the vehicles up to date.

Have not heard from him since. But that's the situation as it stands right now if anyone is wondering.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Theshanergy's Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 11:08:51 am »

Mine too ... there was a change in lights and then white integrators, so the Ural and BTR-80 are now inoperable ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

josem75

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 01:58:31 pm »

Would not be a good idea to upload the original model in 3d format with the Otx format?
I always think in that. (if posible of course.. For permissions reasons)
The engine is in continue develope so sometimes the models need to be reworked and reupload. Its a pity coz sometimes just the original uploaders have the raw project and they can be lost for any reasons in the future.

Maybe we can make some directives to promote this way.  Also its a nice way to improve some projects naturally.

bomber

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 02:34:08 pm »

Josem that's the price we pay....

However with the advent of 'teams' of content developers as opposed to individuals this will happen less and less....

I've enough space if needed and yes this is a topic that needs to be explored and resolved.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

HiFlyer

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 08:53:32 pm »

However with the advent of 'teams' of content developers as opposed to individuals this will happen less and less....

I've enough space if needed and yes this is a topic that needs to be explored and resolved.

Should the worst be true, and Levi has moved on, does anyone have his 3D models?
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

josem75

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 09:08:07 pm »

Should the worst be true, and Levi has moved on, does anyone have his 3D models?

I have a nice surprise. At least about theshanergy, i have the BMW model.
I wanted to improve a bit some details in the interior, and some textures, and he sent it to me.
I dont know how to reconvert it in a car.. I just know to export with fbx as an object.  But when its ready, i can take some help from anybody more to relaunch the bmw.

PD: Levi is not here anymore for real?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 09:19:02 pm by josem75 »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 03:50:02 pm »

PD: Levi is not here anymore for real?

Nah, he has just been busy, but he will come back at some point :)

Would not be a good idea to upload the original model in 3d format with the Otx format?

That may be a really good idea to add sources when it's possible (but if 3D sources are licensed, you shouldn't be redistributing these anyways).

I was also thinking that adding specific licenses to the models (MIT, BSD or CC) could be a really good idea (same with every other mods types). It will makes things a little more clear for users wanting to keep updated or fork a mod.

HiFlyer

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 08:27:37 pm »

Any movement on this?

theshanergy

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 06:58:20 pm »

Hey guys, just checked in and found this thread. Unfortunately I do not have the time currently to update all of the vehicles for the newer version however it would be awesome if there were someone available and interested who I could pass the torch to. I've just updated the mods site with source files for all of my vehicles - you will need be logged in to view/download them. The source files are all in skp (Sketchup) format. Most of the vehicle models had origins in the Sketchup 3d warehouse, though they've all been modified to work with Outerra. If anyone would like to take over support for one or all of these models, let me know and I would be happy to grant the necessary permissions at outerramods.com so that you may continue to push out updates.