Outerra Engine > Ideas & Suggestions & Questions

Lighting and Colouring

(1/18) > >>

josem75:
I will open this Topic for put some ideas about how to improve  Outerra looks (even more if posible).
I will talk about colours, lighting, night, etc.

I do that because  i love all of the potential i see in this engine. And because i spend many time doing 3d projects, where how colours looks was almost an obsesion for me. I will show one example (this is all 3d, no any landscape):

josem75:
So the first i will show is how i would change some colours. I will take the initial image default as example:

This is the first image by default.

This is the first image by default.

And here is with some modifications.

Basically (in photoshop)  i added some more blue, quit some yellow. Mixing between a simple "variations" tool, and choosing more blue with intensity in two. and also. after some tricks in selective correction for the greens. And also for the blues.  You can see the sky is changed. Its less cyan near the mountains, and also is changed up.

I dont know if all the images outerra use in the engine can be modified like that (i guess technically in photoshop yes, but maybe in outerra there are more complex things on the ground textures).
For the sky would be nice a tool for redefine the colours more accurately (and only the sky colours).     

Also added some contrast.  And other little fixes

Uriah:
Uummmm.....  no need for Photoshop, you do know about the Environment menu right?!?!

Default settings:

Modified:

Psychedelic:

Uriah:
For example, this is the kind of dramatic effect you can achieve by modifying the atmospheric settings. You can reproduce them by setting them sliders to the values I have.

Default settings:

Enhanced:

Default:

Enhanced:

Uriah:
Default:

Enhanced:

Default:

Enhanced:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page