Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Lighting and Colouring  (Read 42677 times)

HiFlyer

Re: Lighting and Colouring
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2016, 06:09:37 pm »

You know, maybe the solution that would cause the least headaches for the Devs is to make a full set of color controls available (hue, saturation, brightness, contrast etc) and allow people to create personalized color profiles that can be saved and swapped.........
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

josem75

« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2016, 06:24:33 pm »

You know, maybe the solution that would cause the least headaches for the Devs is to make a full set of color controls available (hue, saturation, brightness, contrast etc) and allow people to create personalized color profiles that can be saved and swapped.........

This is a very easy filter and would add a great control. But go deeper in this task, for those results i exposed  is necesary a bit more. Because i did some more things, i added extra detail, extra refletions, bloom, etc. In fact in my last images i almost didnt touch the base saturation, bright, etc. The colors are almost what you have in Outerra (minor retouch).  But its posible to make more saturated, less, depending of the anybody taste.
I would say.. With 3 filters (one being color-sat, etc, and two filters more).. You would have the BEST engine out there (taking in account for me is already the best, but even better). And taking a minor impact in the framerate. In my config its not even 4 or 5 frames less for take out those images.   
But working them inside the engine, posibilities are endless and maybe performance can be even enhanced, compared to use extra engine filters.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 06:47:09 pm by josem75 »

josem75

« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2016, 06:35:07 pm »

Another thing that would help strongly, is take control of the snow. I have modified my rock texture (darker). And for match all the conditions i would like to touch Snow color too (get a bit darker too, like rocks).
Can be just modify color, and also the reflectance (a reflectance for snow). 
It was huge task get only one settings configuration for match all the situations (including himalayas). If we can have also a bit control there, this task would be a bit easier.
This would be a question for Cameni. If in future version we can control Snow. My case, i would just get a bit darker for match better all the conditions (go even up in exposure and reflections, without get burned in himalayas).
In the future a good idea can be store diferent settings, and toggle them with a key.

josem75

« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2018, 05:50:42 pm »

After several time trying to find an optimal configuration. A lot of testing diferent of mixed parameters (from inside and outside outerra), I finally can say myself i found a great result.

My focus was get a terrain less washed, more focused, and with less "fog" in short distance, but at the same time have the atmosphere natural fog in far (while near is more detailed).
The first and second images are a great example of it.

A big point was the sky color and intensity, which im now very happy with it. And a terrain fixed colors in greens and browns (i quit a lot of green intensity, also in trees, that way looks more natural).
So a really great way to know if you are in almost real place, its see this contrast between a mountain with their greens fields and green trees, and the blue Sky.
(since the third image are examples of this. But note, that flying inside outerra the feellings are much stronger than just in some pictures).

You know you have a great result when your eyes almost believe you are there for real based in this contrast Green and blue sky, because is something that your eyes can recognize very fast and automatically.

Another important points was, improve the terrain little details (adding a filter), and the rocks and the rocky snow, ading a little bit effect of blur in almost white parts (blur with gloom), but still mixed with sharpen in the near distance. So the result is totally real rocks with the blur while all the terrain is still more sharpen.

Now that i have the result i was looking for, i will share ALL the parameters and things needed, from inside and outside (but live) Outerra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpmmnnz7U2o&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 06:01:45 pm by josem75 »

aWac9

« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2018, 06:58:53 pm »

In my graph for example I see it with too much contrast. But it must be something personal, each one perceives reality in several ways ... If you see it well and it's your choice I'm glad you got it, I can tell you that I'm unable to find the balance of color but outerra as is it is very well achieved.
It is in the luminosity where I lose myself.

regards

josem75

« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2018, 07:18:30 pm »

In my graph for example I see it with too much contrast. But it must be something personal, each one perceives reality in several ways ... If you see it well and it's your choice I'm glad you got it, I can tell you that I'm unable to find the balance of color but outerra as is it is very well achieved.
It is in the luminosity where I lose myself.

regards

I will upload all the tweaks and programs necesary (reshade mediator).
The less important is the quanty of saturation, as long as anybody can quit a little bit.
The only i saturated more is blue. The greens are less saturated than the original, which are very high and unreal.
One thing i tried is this, get the blue sky intense, as in real life can be. Not only giving more saturation, its also a bloom effect afecting the blue channel. Because its the effect of the sky, blue "electric".
Maybe is the comparisson between outerra raw sky, which is a bit turn off, which make feelling image is oversaturated.

But here in "la costa del sol" my eyes see amazing colors and intense blue electric sky.
When im flying inside outerra what i feell is something "real".

I will put a image where we can see better the comparisson.

This is the best example to see the changes. This is my place and i can tell you very good how it looks. And this way looks amazing and realistic, compared to how i can get from Outerra Raw at maximum.

The important is the supression of greens, the contrasts, the glooms, the blurs and sharpens while make rocks much more realistic (because blur gloom affect to rocks and snow and blur them, making look much more real).
Also the amount of details compared to outerra raw that you can see. Much more details.

And for me, this image tweaked is not oversaturated in this example, compared with what i see here in my real life.
But as i said this is the less, because its very easy to quit a bit or put more depending on everyone taste.

Also, the only having more saturation is blue. The other colors have less saturations. Greens are less saturated, looking more natural. Also add details and some contrast make image almost real now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gbBudzdtUo&feature=youtu.be

« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 07:26:06 pm by josem75 »

josem75

« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2018, 07:45:30 pm »

To put more in perspective. The first image is outerra raw, i didnt add any saturation. Second is with my fixes.
The first is much more saturated. In general, in greens and browns. Compared to my fixes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCx0eWMjWPE&feature=youtu.be

Jagerbomber

« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2018, 12:33:12 am »

Isn't there a chance that whatever you're using to record with changes the color in the video?

(And of course not to mention Youtube processing and everyone's displays being different).

But I've known recording software to change the colors from what it actually looks like.

Or does it seem about the same to you?  (Your modified Outerra and the uploaded video).
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

josem75

« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2018, 05:38:21 am »

Isn't there a chance that whatever you're using to record with changes the color in the video?

(And of course not to mention Youtube processing and everyone's displays being different).

But I've known recording software to change the colors from what it actually looks like.

Or does it seem about the same to you?  (Your modified Outerra and the uploaded video).

Yes. Colors can change a lot in the record process and everyones screens. The best is fix as Awac said, at everyone´s taste.
I will give the guide for the main changes, then what to change for go a bit more or bit less saturation or blue intensity, according with screen, personal taste, etc.

I am trying to find the mediator reshade download page as the version i use, which is perfect and very easy to use (it has own display, no need to change numbers in txt)

josem75

« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2018, 06:07:13 am »

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bp1upxv2ya8909q/ReShade+1.1.0f1.7z

here is for download Reshade Mediator. Its very easy.

-Extract rar in a new carpet (can be inside outerra directory but not necesarily). Then execute Mediator.exe (close the txt open with it at first time).

-Then choose ADD, Look for Outerra directory and choose Outerra.exe. Push Confirm.

-Normally OpenGl option should be already on, if not, choose it. And in the right, where you can read Outerra, push Add again. Then push Update. Then push Permanent Push to application.

Now you can see all the list of the fixes tools (pipeline Menu). This is what we use.
You can choose one filter, go in and tweak his numbers, push apply in the up right. Then go back to Setup menu and push Permanent Push to application.
(for some reason, with my mediator i only need to push apply and i see the changes, so its so easy and fast).

You work on the fly. You can have outerra opened, push Scape, and then open Mediator and fix what you want, apply, and see the changes in Outerra in the next second you push apply..

Its very easy after all. Because the previous reshade i knew worked only whriting in txt files, and this was very uncomfortable to work.
I will put all my configuration, outerra and Mediator. So you everyone can test by yourself.

-

« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 06:09:36 am by josem75 »

josem75

« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2018, 06:24:43 am »

In the Outerra configuration:

-We go up in Sun Intensity to 34. Also, i change the white color and use a bit yellow.
For example, 61, 22,85 - 216,217,167.

-We go up in ground reflection, this is important for have a more clear and contrasted terrain. can choose 16 for example.

-Exposure 3.00

-Shadow light 2.6

-Scattering 0,55

-red  5.0
-green 11.0
-Blue  33.5
Mie  0.9

Then i use a trick for have a "fog line" in the distance, which stop the clear view in the far distance (more realistic).
I go up with rain Density to 0,001 (or 0,002 but i preffer 1) in weather. Its posible to go with Snow density to 0.001 instead, to have a harder effect or 0,002.

This is the main changes inside Outerra.
Adicionally, you can change water a bit. Sometimes i like to have more variance, so i go to 0,00 in Scattering Blue Color. Test it and see the coast lines now.

And this is inside outerra configuration. Now i will post the Reshade Mediator configuration. 
Note, that the inside Outerra config is plenty connected with the Mediator adition after. Its the base for the after-filters and is made for them.
Its all like a big puzzle tested where every piece is important for the result.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 08:04:37 am by josem75 »

josem75

« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2018, 06:44:37 am »

Now in your Reshade MEdiator Outerra configuration:

Turn on:

- Tonemap -  The important here is change Fog Colorx and Fogcolory to 0,3 each. This will fix the outerra terrain high colors (greens and browns).
Also, go with saturation to -0,3

- LumaSharpen - This is one of the main filters also. Important change here is go with Sharp_Strength to 1.50
This will boost the outerra sharp (dont try to go lower thinking is too much, with follows filters we will correct).

- Bloom - Go to 0,8 bloom power and 20.37 Bloom Threshold

- Crossprocces - Contrast to 1.19  .  Saturation to 1.06 . Brightness 0,013.  CrossAmount 0,05
(this is important for boost the Outerra conttrast).

- Gauss. This filter is very important.
Use GaussianBlur - 1
Blur Strengh 0,49.   Here we are controlling the over sharp with a blur, which affects coveral in longer distances. This will be important when Bloom from Gauss affect to rocks and snow, applying this Blur making them much more natural.
if you want more sharpen, you can go a bit lower or even below 40. But i find more realistic between 45 and 55

Sharp Strength 0,15.  This filter will add aditional detail to outerra floor.

GaussSigma and Gauss Quality to 1 each.

Now Gaussian Bloom - 1 (use).

Strength  -  1
BloomWamth - 2
Threshold - 1
Exposure - 100
Sigma - 4
Bloom Red and Green 1.
BloomBlue 1.5. 
(this value is very important, Here is where we add the blue electric to the sky).
Bloom Quality - 2

TexScale 0 both.

(After apply Gauss filter with all those parameters. Now see your rocks and your rocks snow)..

And this is all.

Now you can fly with all the fixes. For compare, you can turn on and off Reshade effect in outerra view with BloqDespl key in your keyboard. So you can see the diferences on the fly and how all the tweaks work.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 10:52:10 am by josem75 »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]