Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: NEWS ON TITANIM - A video showing off JTAC module  (Read 13342 times)

zombie00

NEWS ON TITANIM - A video showing off JTAC module
« on: November 19, 2015, 09:26:03 am »

I just bumped into this and, what can I said, I haven't been so hyped about something in a while. This is all obviously meant for military use, the interfaces and what not are all probably tailor for that and not regular controllers (keyboard+m, pad or even flight joysticks), but it does give us an idea of what it will end up being.

There is also another neat video showing off Outerra's scale capabilities.

The rest of the videos on his channel are either unrelated (ie: a documentary of Seventh) or show a GAU-17 simulator equipment.

It is nice to find some new stuff, if this was already posted, feel free to delete the thread, I couldn't find it anywhere on the forum.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 09:29:06 am by zombie00 »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: NEWS ON TITANIM - A video showing off JTAC module
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 04:13:45 am »

It is nice to find some new stuff, if this was already posted, feel free to delete the thread, I couldn't find it anywhere on the forum.

There is already a TitanIM thread, but I guess a mod can merge these two if multi-threads should be avoided.

Some parts of the first video were already in the TitanIM presentation one, but it's indeed the first time the full segment is visible :)
BTW, the owner of the channel (David Lagettie) is Titan CEO.

HiFlyer

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 08:37:59 am »

BTW, the owner of the channel (David Lagettie) is Titan CEO.

He should get somebody to do a better video!!! As I was watching it, all I kept thinking was that I could do better.  :o =D
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 05:18:25 am »

No real TitanIm thread, so I post this one here:

Video is not listed but Titan CEO shared it on Twitter, so I guess it's ok.
Interesting rope physics.

HiFlyer

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 06:09:33 am »

And of course this instantly makes me think of tow cables for Gliders..........
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Jagerbomber

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 03:01:02 pm »

Actual rope physics?!  What is this, Uncharted?!....  :P :))
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

aWac9

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 05:31:56 pm »

Wonderful, just lacked a clickable cockpit  8)

more than the ripple of the strings, is more interesting resistance
in Htlm I found these waves on a string
 :facepalm:
https://phet.colorado.edu/sims/html/wave-on-a-string/latest/wave-on-a-string_en.html
link
https://phet.colorado.edu/es/simulations/category/physics
 :P

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 01:53:16 am »

I found this website which contains a lot of material featuring Outerra/TitanIM. Quite interesting.
Also now I'm wondering how are VSS and TitanIM related at all. It's being stated that they are partners but what they are doing is really similar. Are they two separate entities doing their own things or does TitanIM "power" VSS? I'm confused...

Also I find it curious that their offices are located in the same area in Australia.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 07:56:19 am »

I found this website which contains a lot of material featuring Outerra/TitanIM. Quite interesting.
Also now I'm wondering how are VSS and TitanIM related at all. It's being stated that they are partners but what they are doing is really similar. Are they two separate entities doing their own things or does TitanIM "power" VSS? I'm confused...

Also I find it curious that their offices are located in the same area in Australia.

I'm pretty sure VSS is the original company (they are doing the 360° domes we saw very early using OT), creating simulation specialized hardware (the ones you can see in the TitanIM booth). TitanIM is probably a parent company, created just for software applications. It's not uncommon, I guess it's a risk related decision to keep the two distinct.