Outerra Engine > Development screen shots and videos

3D Trees WIP

(1/8) > >>

angrypig:
Partially integrated 3D trees into our terrain rendering pipeline. There are no variations in trees yet  and a few other things that will make it looking better.

Currently our old billboards are replaced by 3D trees if they are closer than 250 meters.

At the moment 3D trees are using 5 LODs where the first one has 81600 faces and the last one has 660 triangles. Trees are already placed on correct positions, aligned with the billboards.

TankBo:
Looks fantastic. Am I right that shadows are already applied? (at least proper lighting)

cameni:

--- Quote from: TankBo ---Looks fantastic. Am I right that shadows are already applied? (at least proper lighting)
--- End quote ---
Actually no, what you see is an approximate ambient light computed for forests, that is applied to the trees and ground to simulate the reduction of light in woods. Shadows will be applied atop of it

sniperwolfpk5:
The trees looks very nice, but when i click on image for zooming it open another image http://www.outerra.com/shots/slant1.jpg  :P

Can you upload more 3d tree images?

u3z05en:
I'm going to keep it surfacey and say that forest  screenshot is abso-frickin-lootly awesome!!! Thanks for making my day with that. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version