Outerra Engine > Development screen shots and videos

3D Trees WIP

<< < (7/8) > >>

Lewin:
While the fully procedural 3d trees are not ready, why not add the usual 3d trees that would turn into billboards at a certain distance?

Avi:
I hope the vegetation is going to be diverse enough around the world when 3D tress are going to get incorporated.  =D

2eyed:
One can always ask for more diversity. Globally there are probably around 500.000 species on real earth, 30.000 trees.
But if we had only 1000 in OT , most locations would look unique. I don't think it's a matter of 3d trees, nonetheless they are needed.

ZeosPantera:
Resurrection from 2013. I'm still waiting!

Lesnikus:

--- Quote from: ZeosPantera on January 20, 2018, 03:53:02 pm ---Resurrection from 2013. I'm still waiting!

--- End quote ---

We are all waiting. 3D trees are included in my short list of main expectations, along with cities and full-fledged scripting

--- Quote from: Lewin on January 19, 2018, 10:31:26 am ---While the fully procedural 3d trees are not ready, why not add the usual 3d trees that would turn into billboards at a certain distance?

--- End quote ---

Good question. I also ask them. Probably, the developers are just too busy with other things and do not want to waste time on what will later be completely redone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version