Outerra Engine > Development screen shots and videos

3D Trees WIP

<< < (2/8) > >>

angrypig:

--- Quote from: sniperwolfpk5 ---The trees looks very nice, but when i click on image for zooming it open another image
--- End quote ---

Solved :)

sniperwolfpk5:
lol You fix it with the speed of light

TankBo:

--- Quote from: cameni ---
--- Quote from: TankBo ---Looks fantastic. Am I right that shadows are already applied? (at least proper lighting)
--- End quote ---
Actually no, what you see is an approximate ambient light computed for forests, that is applied to the trees and ground to simulate the reduction of light in woods. Shadows will be applied atop of it
--- End quote ---
That was quite what I meant, bad wording of mine. ;) Thanks for the hint, it already looks quite good. Do you plan something for sun effects, i.e. the sun shining through the crowns like that:

Also would you mind showing a screenshot next to a forest (e.g. left part of view covered by trees, right part open view into the far)? Just wondering how neat that looked.

angrypig:

--- Quote from: TankBo --- would you mind showing a screenshot next to a forest (e.g. left part of view covered by trees, right part open view into the far)? Just wondering how neat that looked.
--- End quote ---

There will be more in a few days. This one was quite nice in current stage so I wanted to share it with you, because there was no update about trees for some time.

PeterBitt:
looking nice so far, are those trees still wip?
i think the leaves could use some color variations, its a little monotone green now.
but maybe the shadows will solve this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version