Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 3D Trees WIP  (Read 48722 times)

Lewin

Re: 3D Trees WIP
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2018, 10:31:26 am »

While the fully procedural 3d trees are not ready, why not add the usual 3d trees that would turn into billboards at a certain distance?

Avi

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2018, 11:36:54 am »

I hope the vegetation is going to be diverse enough around the world when 3D tress are going to get incorporated.  =D

2eyed

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2018, 01:45:33 pm »

One can always ask for more diversity. Globally there are probably around 500.000 species on real earth, 30.000 trees.
But if we had only 1000 in OT , most locations would look unique. I don't think it's a matter of 3d trees, nonetheless they are needed.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2018, 03:53:02 pm »

Resurrection from 2013. I'm still waiting!
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Lesnikus

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2018, 01:01:15 pm »

Resurrection from 2013. I'm still waiting!

We are all waiting. 3D trees are included in my short list of main expectations, along with cities and full-fledged scripting

While the fully procedural 3d trees are not ready, why not add the usual 3d trees that would turn into billboards at a certain distance?

Good question. I also ask them. Probably, the developers are just too busy with other things and do not want to waste time on what will later be completely redone.

bada

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2019, 05:10:47 pm »

So, just i love OT technology, i hate those billboards, especially when looking from above and seeing the circles.
Having tried Eric Brunetton's proland, i found the trees rendering tech well thought, allowing for a great number of trees (hunderd of thousends) being able to be rendered without issues. Vsync being activated, the FPS stayed at 60 the whole time even when switching from close view with a thousend or two trees  to  large view with houndreds thousends of them.
The question is: why hasn't Brunetton's way been applied to OT? Compatibility reasons with Ot's code? His code is too simple?  =D Something else?

If Cameni see this and has few minutes to answer, i'd appreciate very much. Thanks
Pages: 1 2 [3]