Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: BISim at I/ITSEC 2015: See the Next Generation VBS Framework  (Read 11134 times)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
Re: BISim at I/ITSEC 2015: See the Next Generation VBS Framework
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2015, 07:05:00 pm »

Looks a lot like Outerra..............  ??? =| :P

The trees are nicer for obvious reasons

Those trees are also 2d... I really think trees textures in OT looks better...

You sure? It looked like a 3D tree with 2D leaves and branches to me. I obviously could be wrong.

Look at 1:15 Those are 2d trees... As far as I can see, there is no doubt.

EDIT:

Uriah have corrected me, and VBS actually have 3D trees. But as from far we are looking just the low LODs, they look flat.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 09:48:27 pm by KW71 »
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2015, 10:04:19 pm »

Outerra procedural trees: Tree generator preview

« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 10:12:39 pm by Uriah »

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2015, 10:33:46 pm »

By the way...

Pete Morrison says in the video, and I quote, "It includes the world's airports, roads and urban areas thanks to Open Street Map data..."

However, that statement leads you to believe that VBS Blue has a global dataset for airports, roads and buildings.

Really? If VBS Blue has "the world's airports, roads and urban areas..." where is it all? If they have all that data imported globally, wouldn't they show it off? That would be impressive. Wouldn't you show a view of a massive city, maybe New York, LA, Tokyo or London? You notice how the video is zoomed in close the whole time while OSM data is being shown, and any wider area is conveniently left out?!

HiFlyer

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2015, 11:34:12 pm »

OSM cities are often like that it seems, due to lack of data. X-plane fills in things with "plausible" fudge, which is why their Central Park in NY is full of houses along the bike paths.  :P

I pity the person who has to wade through the data to extract useful information for the whole world.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro
Pages: 1 [2]