Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Exporting new items PlanetSide 2....  (Read 41510 times)

TruenoCraft

• YouTube Channel
Exporting new items PlanetSide 2....
« on: January 17, 2016, 06:01:50 pm »

« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 06:22:31 am by TruenoCraft »

aWac9

Re: Exporting new items PlanetSide 2....
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 10:50:19 am »

is fine,, I like ..
just a question ... have a female model?  ::)

TruenoCraft

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 01:28:13 pm »

is fine,, I like ..
just a question ... have a female model?  ::)

Yes, I have. I can export 90% objects of the game :)
Here you have a example:

Head:

Body:

« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 03:17:01 pm by TruenoCraft »

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 06:59:06 pm »

Is this legal?
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

TruenoCraft

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 01:53:55 am »

Is this legal?

mm... i dont now exactly
i thing is legal.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 07:33:43 am »

Well definitely not if he makes money off of it.  That he can't do.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 09:17:49 am »

Is this legal?

mm... i dont now exactly
i thing is legal.

I mean, are you making this models, or extracting them from the game?
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Jagerbomber

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 09:39:23 am »

He's extracting.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

TruenoCraft

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 10:45:54 am »

Well definitely not if he makes money off of it.  That he can't do.

I not make money with this, or similar, and yes Im extract the models of the game.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 10:48:06 am by TruenoCraft »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 12:03:50 pm »

Except as and to the extent expressly permitted by us in writing, you may not: (i) copy (except to make one necessary back-up copy), distribute, sell, auction, rent, lease, loan, modify or create derivative works, adapt, translate, perform, display, sublicense or transfer all or any portion of the Software, the Game, or Virtual Goods on or through any medium (except to the extent that a non-commercial transfer of Virtual Goods may be permitted within the Game, or a commercial transfer of Virtual Goods may be permitted by SOE through an SOE service or in connection with an SOE-authorized third-party Virtual Goods exchange (an "Authorized Exchange"), should SOE enable such exchange in relation to the Game), or (ii) copy any of the written, digital or electronic materials accompanying the Software (except to make one necessary back-up copy) or the Game; (iii) reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile, or attempt to reverse engineer or otherwise derive code from, the Software except to the extent that this restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law.
https://www.planetside2.com/eula

That's the reason KW71 was asking you this question.

So to be clear, there is nothing wrong with having a little fun, importing models in the engine (nice work, btw), but you can't distribute these, at least not here. It's not really about making money or not: unless SOE gives you a direct permission to redistribute these assets, you can't do that because:
- It's against the Planetside 2 TOS.
- It's against the forum rules.
- It could put Outerra and the modding community in a bad light (content thieves).

Once again, it's not a bad thing to experiment with existing models, it's a good way to learn and test the importer. But it's also important to understand there are legal limits of what can be done or not with 3D models.
I suggest you to take a look at this thread to get an idea of what happens when you plan to distribute copyrighted content you have no right to : http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2494.0. Please also note Levi is one of our most talented model converters, it was one of his first projects, so anybody can make mistakes :)

Export and mod as much as you want, do experiments as you like, but always keep an eye on what you can do with the models :)

TruenoCraft

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 12:25:41 pm »

Except as and to the extent expressly permitted by us in writing, you may not: (i) copy (except to make one necessary back-up copy), distribute, sell, auction, rent, lease, loan, modify or create derivative works, adapt, translate, perform, display, sublicense or transfer all or any portion of the Software, the Game, or Virtual Goods on or through any medium (except to the extent that a non-commercial transfer of Virtual Goods may be permitted within the Game, or a commercial transfer of Virtual Goods may be permitted by SOE through an SOE service or in connection with an SOE-authorized third-party Virtual Goods exchange (an "Authorized Exchange"), should SOE enable such exchange in relation to the Game), or (ii) copy any of the written, digital or electronic materials accompanying the Software (except to make one necessary back-up copy) or the Game; (iii) reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile, or attempt to reverse engineer or otherwise derive code from, the Software except to the extent that this restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law.
https://www.planetside2.com/eula

That's the reason KW71 was asking you this question.

So to be clear, there is nothing wrong with having a little fun, importing models in the engine (nice work, btw), but you can't distribute these, at least not here. It's not really about making money or not: unless SOE gives you a direct permission to redistribute these assets, you can't do that because:
- It's against the Planetside 2 TOS.
- It's against the forum rules.
- It could put Outerra and the modding community in a bad light (content thieves).

Once again, it's not a bad thing to experiment with existing models, it's a good way to learn and test the importer. But it's also important to understand there are legal limits of what can be done or not with 3D models.
I suggest you to take a look at this thread to get an idea of what happens when you plan to distribute copyrighted content you have no right to : http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2494.0. Please also note Levi is one of our most talented model converters, it was one of his first projects, so anybody can make mistakes :)

Export and mod as much as you want, do experiments as you like, but always keep an eye on what you can do with the models :)

Thank you very much for you information...I knew this well and to distribute content without permission would create problems.
You did very well to say this. I had thought share models.I can share models for private? I think yes i can.
I go to search more information of the permissions.
(Sorry for my bad inglish)

Amazing community!!    ^-^ ^-^

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 12:45:07 pm »

I can share models for private? I think yes i can.

I think the terms of service were pretty clear that you cannot "copy, distribute, sell, auction, rent, lease, loan, modify or create derivative works, adapt, translate, perform, display, sublicense or transfer all or any portion of the Software, the Game, or Virtual Goods on or through any medium."

Unquestionably
, that would include sharing privately.

Are you already proficient in 3d modelling? If so, I suggest you create original content, if not you should learn!  :D Otherwise you must find content that either has a Royalty Free License or that you have been expressly granted permission to distribute.

Thanks for understanding!

Regards,
Uriah
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 12:48:02 pm by Uriah »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2016, 01:18:20 pm »

Well, you are not legally allowed to do so.
That said, you can act as you want, you just need to be are aware of this copyright problem, and not post copyrighted content on the forums.

As Uriah said, there is a ton of royalty free models on the web you can use, if you want to mod without breaking any rules :)

Oh, and thanks a lot for understanding!

TruenoCraft

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2016, 06:10:55 am »

I can share models for private? I think yes i can.

I think the terms of service were pretty clear that you cannot "copy, distribute, sell, auction, rent, lease, loan, modify or create derivative works, adapt, translate, perform, display, sublicense or transfer all or any portion of the Software, the Game, or Virtual Goods on or through any medium."

Unquestionably
, that would include sharing privately.

Are you already proficient in 3d modelling? If so, I suggest you create original content, if not you should learn!  :D Otherwise you must find content that either has a Royalty Free License or that you have been expressly granted permission to distribute.

Thanks for understanding!

Regards,
Uriah

More than understood  =D

TruenoCraft

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2016, 06:14:13 am »

Well, you are not legally allowed to do so.
That said, you can act as you want, you just need to be are aware of this copyright problem, and not post copyrighted content on the forums.

As Uriah said, there is a ton of royalty free models on the web you can use, if you want to mod without breaking any rules :)

Oh, and thanks a lot for understanding!

More than understood too haha
Pages: [1] 2