Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Omnifinity exploring Outerra using OSVR  (Read 3600 times)

peroht

Omnifinity exploring Outerra using OSVR
« on: February 12, 2016, 09:29:04 am »

Hi,
Peter from Omnifinity here. We have just started exploring Outerra for use on our Omnideck and look forward trying the latest build with OVR 0.8 when it arrives. We plan to roam around in Middle Earth and hopefully spawn some interesting creatures and vehicles there for the fun of it :)

We've started fideling with OSVR (Open Source Virtual Reality) and was able to use the side-by-side view mode of Outterra to explore the work with the HDK (Hackers Development Kit). I've attached a screenshot of my colleague Richard looking at a forest in the HDK.

I was wondering if there any other ppl out there testing out the OSVR?
Cheers

HiFlyer

Re: Omnifinity exploring Outerra using OSVR
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 09:28:44 pm »

Hi,
Peter from Omnifinity here. We have just started exploring Outerra for use on our Omnideck and look forward trying the latest build with OVR 0.8 when it arrives. We plan to roam around in Middle Earth and hopefully spawn some interesting creatures and vehicles there for the fun of it :)

We've started fideling with OSVR (Open Source Virtual Reality) and was able to use the side-by-side view mode of Outterra to explore the work with the HDK (Hackers Development Kit). I've attached a screenshot of my colleague Richard looking at a forest in the HDK.

I was wondering if there any other ppl out there testing out the OSVR?
Cheers

To be honest, I had never heard of it but am looking into it now!  :)
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

HiFlyer

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 08:39:39 pm »

By the way, there is already one animal in Outerra that would be awesome in a VR experience.  :) http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2682.0
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

peroht

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 10:35:58 am »

Ha, that's an awesome model! I'm gonna take it to Mordor right away.

Well, the HDK we have has got an old display and old lenses so i'd say that the visual display on that is like something between the DK1 and DK2.

The software stack has improved intensly since summer and now sports a good camera based tracking routine. The IMU and the sensor fusion routines are now much better than 6 months ago which is interesting.

We will continue exploring the OSVR ecosystem since it has quite a large gathering.