Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dovetail Games raises the lid on their Flight Simulator plans  (Read 14104 times)

HiFlyer

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: Dovetail Games raises the lid on their Flight Simulator plans
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 12:36:32 pm »

Their Flighschool program seems interesting, but this first screenshot...

Honestly the original one is 20* better.
What is that horrible color grading ? And did they put SSAO on the trees ? It looks really wrong, like a ENB preset badly made.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 02:54:36 pm »

Reminds me of my early attempts at real time atmospheric scattering, one of the simpler approximations. Odd thing is that they came out with this, as if there was someone at Dovetail who actually liked the look ...

HiFlyer

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 03:23:24 pm »

Reminds me of my early attempts at real time atmospheric scattering, one of the simpler approximations. Odd thing is that they came out with this, as if there was someone at Dovetail who actually liked the look ...

As interesting to me is the apparent wholesale re-use of the FSX data, roads, rivers, and apparently water textures at the very least.... interesting tree shadows and apparently sparser trees.......

Not saying this will not be a worthwhile and even a fun purchase, but so far, I don't see anything innovative at all. But then, its early days......
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

HiFlyer

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 01:11:37 pm »

So the lid has been raised a little more, and we find that DTG will be using Orbx scenery. Again it looks like a worthwhile product but nothing at all groundbreaking.

As promised, finally...

Following the completion of long term discussions, Dovetail Games is pleased to announce we will be partnering with Orbx Simulation Systems in order to bring key aspects of their technology to Flight School and Flight Simulator, both scheduled for release this year.

Orbx Simulation Systems has dominated the flight simulation scenery space since CEO John Venema founded the company in 2006.

"We are thrilled to partner with Dovetail Games as they usher in a new era of 64-bit simulators built on robust technology that we have a decade of experience in developing for", says John Venema, CEO of Orbx Simulation Systems. "We've developed a solid working relationship with the Dovetail team and we're confident that our terrain will look absolutely stunning in their enhanced 3D engine and provide a level of immersion unlike anything experienced before. We look forward to a long a productive partnership."

“We are incredibly excited about working with Orbx on Flight School and Dovetail Games Flight Simulator”, says Stephen Hood, Creative Director at Dovetail games. “Orbx represents the pinnacle of what can be achieved in terms of in-game scenery, so collaborating with them on these projects was the obvious choice for us. We are deeply committed to partnering with both new and existing developers and content creators moving forwards to create the best possible combination of technologies to power our simulators – this is only the beginning”

New screenshots are availble on Facebook - www.facebook.com/dtgflightschool

HiFlyer

HiFlyer

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 12:01:35 am »

The first actual in-game footage.......

2eyed

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 03:29:25 am »

I cant stand the look of all the fsx-like titles anymore.  All and everything looks cut out, nothing organic, just polygons.
Yesterdays tech.

OttoPus

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2016, 04:52:30 am »

I cant stand the look of all the fsx-like titles anymore.  All and everything looks cut out, nothing organic, just polygons.
Yesterdays tech.

Fully agree, and it's all terribly dark!

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2016, 06:56:58 am »

Considering the color of the atmo in this video, they choose the wrong soundtrack for the trailer. Better use that :

=D

2eyed

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2016, 10:27:34 am »

Well at least Jimi was a real performer. I tried myself purple haze on guitar and I must admit Hendrix is worlds better than me.

HiFlyer

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2016, 03:43:07 pm »

Flight School release delayed:

Since we announced Dovetail Games Flight School at the beginning of the year, we have been in constant communication with you via various forums and social networks such as Reddit, Facebook, YouTube, AVSIM and more. Additionally, we have demoed Flight School publicly at events including Insomnia57 and EGX Rezzed. We are thrilled by the positive response

Flight School has received and the amazing support shown to us by both new and existing flight simmers.

In order to further address the incredible amount of feedback we have received in the last few months, we have made the decision to push back the release of Flight School to 24th May 2016. This extra time will allow us to make Flight School an even better, more polished experience for our players.

This isn’t a decision we have made lightly, and we wholeheartedly apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

All of your ideas and suggestions have proven invaluable in helping to us to shape the development of Flight School so far, and we would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to get in touch with us. We will continue to monitor your feedback and answer your questions, and we look forward to sharing Flight School with you on 24th May.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/441920/discussions/0/371919771742521790/#p2

https://www.facebook.com/dtgflightschool/photos/a.586187998224717.1073741830.583211945188989/621052924738224/?type=3&notif_t=notify_me_page&notif_id=1461259240269247

-Dovetail Games Flight School team
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 03:45:48 pm by HiFlyer »

HiFlyer

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 09:10:55 am »

Hmmmmmmmm.............

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 09:46:55 am »

Holy cow... The color grading is worst than what I though it was. They should call it "Flight School After a Bad Hangover"  =D. And I'm not sure how they manage to get aliasing like that, I often run programs without AA and it's not that visible.
+ the stutters...

HiFlyer

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2016, 04:11:13 pm »

Pages: [1] 2