User mods, screenshots & videos > Watercraft

Sail Boat

<< < (2/6) > >>

andfly:

I came back from work now and I turned on the computer to read this shocking news ...

--- Quote from: SteelRat on February 21, 2016, 12:34:34 pm ---File Sail_boat.andfly.otx It contained a virus and was removed. :facepalm: :facepalm: :) :)

--- End quote ---
I immediately blocked the download of the sailboat OTX file and started the appropriate inspections ...

I scanned with antivirus the "Sail_boat.andfly.otx" file in my computer and downloaded file in Google Drive (Microsoft Defender ... maybe is not the best ...) and I have not gotten any response troubling.
I installed and run "Norton Security Scan" and, excepting the obvious solicitation to buy one of their most complete and powerful product because my computer, in their view, is not protected in a secure, I have not yet received any alarming warning on file concerned.
I scanned the file using the service Metascan Online (leans to 43 different anti-virus) and I have found no fault ...

I'm really puzzled ......
In recent weeks my computer worked perfectly and did not give me any of viral infections suspected in place ....
I hope, with all my heart, that this is a "false positive" ... he says the friend aWac9 (whom I thank very much for the speed with which you are interested in this fact) and the "offending" file is completely sure.

However I can not risk it.

Tonight I shall undertake a full and detailed scanning of the entire computer with the anti-virus and, if you still will not get worrying signs, only tomorrow will set it online the address to download the model.
The idea of ​​having spread, even if unintentionally, a computer virus infection,  makes me shudder, it is not something to consider lightly.

I apologize to all users if I have created problems, and I invite all those who have already downloaded the "Sail_boat.andfly.otx" file to pay close attention and to inform me promptly if they notice the possibility of an infection.

Thank you all for your attention           andfly

SteelRat:
RU

У меня есть веские причины предполагать, что это фокусы Windows 10.
У меня, встроенная в Windows 10 система безопасности, иногда с подозрением относится к ссылкам на сайты Microsoft, и предупреждает что это не безопасно!  :) :) :)

Очень странная операционная система !!!  :) :) :)

Translate

I have good reasons to believe that this trick Windows 10.
I have built into Windows 10 security, sometimes with suspicious links on Microsoft's websites, and warns that it is not safe!  :) :) :)

Very strange operating system !!!  :) :) :)

andfly:
Last night I made a full and detailed scan of my computer and now I'm sure:  my computer is healthy !!!
 (At least in the opinion of Microsoft Defender).

However safety can never be too ....

* I have deleted the file "Sail_boat.andfly.otx" from Google Drive.
* I rebuilt the PDF files of the manuals.
* I checked that the .js files only contain text and had no headers or suspicious appendices.
* I double checked with Microsoft Defender the folder containing all files of the model.
* I ran Anteworld and I redid the export of the model by creating the OTX file.
* I double checked the file.otx with Microsoft Defender.
* I copied the file to Google Drive or obtained a new share link.

At this point I do not know what else to do .....
If the new file has a problem ... please tell me now!

I blot out everything ... and throw away the computer !!!

andfly

Uriah:
Very nice work andfly!!! Looks awesome.

That was definitely a false positive. The OTX format, being essentially a compression archive which unpacks files including JavaScipt to a pre-determined directory on your computer, will look like suspicious activity, which in some cases will trigger the automatic deletion of the files/OTX. Sure it is possible for someone to insert malware into an OTX on purpose, but it is extremely unlikely that any of the contained files would unintentionally become infected, even if your computer were infected, except in certain extreme cases. The OTX file extension is definitely a trust based system, and I completely trust andfly to not infect my computer intentionally.  :D

Regards,
Uriah

P.S. I wasn't able to download it, post that baby up there again!!!!!

andfly:
It's been a whole day and got no funeral news .... :)
Now everything should be ok!

You can get back to normal!     :D :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version