Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sail Boat  (Read 34001 times)

andfly

Sail Boat
« on: February 21, 2016, 10:54:35 am »

Since it was introduced the wind in Outerra I dreamed of building a model sailboat.
When I had a little time I began to experiment and I noticed that the wind does not affect the motion of the ship models but only that of flying models
 (probably acts on the JsbSim characteristics and does not affect models that use Bullet Phisics) .
This, after all, it was lucky , because I did not know how to set the sails of a boat as "collision meches" and give them the aerodynamic characteristics necessary to "respond" to the wind Outerra and determine the thrust of progress model.
So I searched on the Web some manual of sailing and I realized that, remaining the basic interactions and without trying to implement sophisticated interactions, was not so difficult to write the algorithms that apply the force of the wind to the sails of a boat and it determine the movement in the sea.

So .... here is the model of a sailing boat!

I repeat ... I have not tried an "absolute" closeness to reality, only the "appearance of realism" that should allow you to sail with this boat in an interactive and fun way: I hope I succeeded ...

I developed the model with the default setting of Anteworl (wind at 10 m/sec) to be able to sail immediately, but you can change the wind speed and its direction in the Anteworld menu to amplify or reduce the effects of the thrusts.

The manual that lists the commands of the sailboat is in the "Help" folder of the model.

To all .... Good navigation !!!

To Download Sail Boat:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6114pZ3kPTgN0gxSklmSDdnNkE/view?usp=sharing

A short video:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 12:53:18 pm by andfly »
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

HiFlyer

Re: Sail Boat
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 11:09:22 am »

Absolutely awesome! Thank You very much!  =D
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

SteelRat

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 12:34:34 pm »

File Sail_boat.andfly.otx It contained a virus and was removed. :facepalm: :facepalm: :) :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 12:39:43 pm by SteelRat »

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 01:19:13 pm »

Wooow!!! That looks so peaceful!!! Love how the sailors move their head!!
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

aWac9

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 01:26:16 pm »

great contribution
thanks

Virus ¿? ,, Are called false positives, error detection algorithms, caused mostly by comparing arhivos database of signatures -Base -. Which are ineffective against new threats where the virus is not static but changes your code without stopping.
Remember when Security Essentials, AVG Micorsoft and erased the file "user 32.dll" damaging infinite pc user. At that time ...
Quiet,, download it has nothing to fear .... I believe ?  ^-^ ^-^

« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 02:37:07 pm by aWac9 »

andfly

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 08:07:27 pm »

I came back from work now and I turned on the computer to read this shocking news ...
File Sail_boat.andfly.otx It contained a virus and was removed. :facepalm: :facepalm: :) :)
I immediately blocked the download of the sailboat OTX file and started the appropriate inspections ...

I scanned with antivirus the "Sail_boat.andfly.otx" file in my computer and downloaded file in Google Drive (Microsoft Defender ... maybe is not the best ...) and I have not gotten any response troubling.
I installed and run "Norton Security Scan" and, excepting the obvious solicitation to buy one of their most complete and powerful product because my computer, in their view, is not protected in a secure, I have not yet received any alarming warning on file concerned.
I scanned the file using the service Metascan Online (leans to 43 different anti-virus) and I have found no fault ...

I'm really puzzled ......
In recent weeks my computer worked perfectly and did not give me any of viral infections suspected in place ....
I hope, with all my heart, that this is a "false positive" ... he says the friend aWac9 (whom I thank very much for the speed with which you are interested in this fact) and the "offending" file is completely sure.

However I can not risk it.

Tonight I shall undertake a full and detailed scanning of the entire computer with the anti-virus and, if you still will not get worrying signs, only tomorrow will set it online the address to download the model.
The idea of ​​having spread, even if unintentionally, a computer virus infection,  makes me shudder, it is not something to consider lightly.

I apologize to all users if I have created problems, and I invite all those who have already downloaded the "Sail_boat.andfly.otx" file to pay close attention and to inform me promptly if they notice the possibility of an infection.

Thank you all for your attention           andfly
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

SteelRat

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 09:19:15 am »

RU

У меня есть веские причины предполагать, что это фокусы Windows 10.
У меня, встроенная в Windows 10 система безопасности, иногда с подозрением относится к ссылкам на сайты Microsoft, и предупреждает что это не безопасно!  :) :) :)

Очень странная операционная система !!!  :) :) :)

Translate

I have good reasons to believe that this trick Windows 10.
I have built into Windows 10 security, sometimes with suspicious links on Microsoft's websites, and warns that it is not safe!  :) :) :)

Very strange operating system !!!  :) :) :)

andfly

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 12:51:34 pm »

Last night I made a full and detailed scan of my computer and now I'm sure:  my computer is healthy !!!
 (At least in the opinion of Microsoft Defender).

However safety can never be too ....

* I have deleted the file "Sail_boat.andfly.otx" from Google Drive.
* I rebuilt the PDF files of the manuals.
* I checked that the .js files only contain text and had no headers or suspicious appendices.
* I double checked with Microsoft Defender the folder containing all files of the model.
* I ran Anteworld and I redid the export of the model by creating the OTX file.
* I double checked the file.otx with Microsoft Defender.
* I copied the file to Google Drive or obtained a new share link.

At this point I do not know what else to do .....
If the new file has a problem ... please tell me now!

I blot out everything ... and throw away the computer !!!

andfly

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 02:25:06 pm »

Very nice work andfly!!! Looks awesome.

That was definitely a false positive. The OTX format, being essentially a compression archive which unpacks files including JavaScipt to a pre-determined directory on your computer, will look like suspicious activity, which in some cases will trigger the automatic deletion of the files/OTX. Sure it is possible for someone to insert malware into an OTX on purpose, but it is extremely unlikely that any of the contained files would unintentionally become infected, even if your computer were infected, except in certain extreme cases. The OTX file extension is definitely a trust based system, and I completely trust andfly to not infect my computer intentionally.  :D

Regards,
Uriah

P.S. I wasn't able to download it, post that baby up there again!!!!!

andfly

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 07:24:02 am »

It's been a whole day and got no funeral news .... :)
Now everything should be ok!

You can get back to normal!     :D :D

andfly

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 07:27:04 am »

Absolutely awesome! Thank You very much!  =D

Many thanks to you,   Hiflyer

Indeed ...  2 times thanks a lot!   =D =D

andfly

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2016, 07:29:50 am »

Thank you.

I just tried intentionally to convey the feeling of being in absolute peace, lulled by the sea.
The sway of the parapet chords and the heads of the sailors, the flicker of the flags, the sound of waves, the creaking of the wood and the screeching of seagulls ....
Everything should help to create this atmosphere.

I'm glad I passed this feeling.   :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2016, 07:31:59 am »

Thank you.

I just tried intentionally to convey the feeling of being in absolute peace, lulled by the sea.
The sway of the parapet chords and the heads of the sailors, the flicker of the flags, the sound of waves, the creaking of the wood and the screeching of seagulls ....
Everything should help to create this atmosphere.

I'm glad I passed this feeling.   :)

Yup, I have been using it with no problems.  :)
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

andfly

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2016, 07:37:29 am »

Yup, I have been using it with no problems.  :)

Excellent news .... thanks!  :)

andfly

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2016, 07:42:19 am »

great contribution
thanks

Virus ¿? ,, Are called false positives, error detection algorithms, caused mostly by comparing arhivos database of signatures -Base -. Which are ineffective against new threats where the virus is not static but changes your code without stopping.
Remember when Security Essentials, AVG Micorsoft and erased the file "user 32.dll" damaging infinite pc user. At that time ...
Quiet,, download it has nothing to fear .... I believe ?  ^-^ ^-^

Thanks for everything, Manuel

I very much liked the " I believe ? " at the end of your post.
Chilling ....  :o
Hitchcock was an amateur !!!   :)) :)) :))
Pages: [1] 2