Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: The Andfly mods showcase area  (Read 7529 times)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
The Andfly mods showcase area
« on: March 06, 2016, 12:47:15 pm »

After the release of latest Andfly's boat, I made a small harbor for it, then started to add more stuff around, and finally decided to use this small location as a sort of showcase for her great work :)

Download 110mb - otx package

All of Andfly's mods are included. The package also contains some models ported by Levi (world2Xplane, originaly made by Tonywob for Xplane - PL houses, and wind turbine). A cam_pos is included.

The area is also a nice location if you want to visit the western Italian coast!

Oh yeah, and I butchered Andfly's name everywhere, so sorry if it's spelled "Andyfly"...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 04:14:28 am by Acetone »

HiFlyer

Re: The Andfly mods showcase area
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 05:27:50 pm »

I always love Andflys stuff!  =D

And don't worry Isotope, I'm sure she won't be bothered by any misspelling.......  ;)

Also a quick shout-out to Tonywob, who graciously donated the buildings that Levis flying fingers converted.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

andfly

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 09:40:12 pm »

I turned on the computer and ... surprise !!!
An entire island with my name!
I'm really flattered and thank Acetone for this wonderful idea and, at the same time, I feel a little embarrassed.
Embarrassed because I have always realized that my models do not exactly follow the lines outlined by Outerra developers, who are trying to re-create a world as close as possible to reality and to the rules of the universe in which we live to play, in the most faithful, in a computer program.
They study meticulously the absorption coefficients, the impact forces, viewing perspectives and ... quaternions   and transformations   and matrices ....
Luckily, this huge and difficult work they do, and continue to do so, their ... (who are capable of!)
In this way they are building a solid foundation on which anyone can play and have fun like I do ...
In fact, my approach is more "soft".
My only intention is to be able to convey an emotion.
And if, to do this, I have to step on a little the rules of physics ... patience!
The 'thrill of fly sitting on a huge bird of prey, exploring the seabed in an acrylic bubble, to go on the Moon (or Mars) with a rocket behind his back or navigate through the cries of seagulls and the sound of the waves ... in my opinion, it is definitely worthy of existence in Anteworld!
However, I realize that the "rigorous" approach of those who create "true to life" models is equally (if not more) useful for the development and dissemination of Outerra.
People like Uriah, Levi, Pyton Pago, ddenn, bomber and all other excellent programmers and designers (these few names are just an example) ... people who "knows" of mathematics, physics, mechanics ...
It is right target, especially to them, our admiration and consideration for the excellent work useful to raise awareness and appreciation Outerra!

Anyway...

The thought that my models are fun for someone (at least Acetone and HiFlyer ...) I am very pleased.

Now I go to download the mod of Acetone and already foretaste the emotion to dock at the pier, explore the seabed, flying on houses, on the streets, between the wind turbines, the church ...

Thanks again, Acetone, in the creation of the sceneries you are "a magician" !!!

P.S.    Acetone, sorry, a doubt ....  :(
         We will be paying a rent  ??    ???
         You know ... I'm not a millionaire ... I entrust myself to your good heart ...   :) :) :)
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 09:07:19 am »

"The 'thrill of fly sitting on a huge bird of prey"

When I just want to relax and admire the beauty of this engine, there is no better way for me than flying this eagle!  :)
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

andfly

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 02:29:51 pm »

When I just want to relax and admire the beauty of this engine, there is no better way for me than flying this eagle!  :)

I'm really very, very pleased !!  =D =D
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

jeffzig

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 06:07:55 pm »

My only intention is to be able to convey an emotion.
And if, to do this, I have to step on a little the rules of physics ... patience!
The 'thrill of fly sitting on a huge bird of prey, exploring the seabed in an acrylic bubble, to go on the Moon (or Mars) with a rocket behind his back or navigate through the cries of seagulls and the sound of the waves ... in my opinion, it is definitely worthy of existence in Anteworld!

I bet this will be pretty cool in VR.