Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Monterrey - earth2  (Read 11060 times)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Monterrey - earth2
« on: March 27, 2016, 01:08:38 pm »

This scenery is directly distributed with the v16.6601 of Outerra. You can access it inside earth2 (30/76 SRTM), with the cam_pos "Monterrey - Airport 1".
The location was discovered by Cameni, it's a really good example of the quality and detail the new dataset add to the engine. Monterrey is located in Mexico, the city was too large to be done by hand but this scenery is not entirely fictional, some elements are using real locations.

Warning /!\ If you installed the new version over an existing build, the installer uncheck "Test areas" by default and the scenery won't be installed. You can download an alternate .otx here if you want to test the area anyway:

Monterrey_earth2_v1 (624 KB - .otx auto-installing archive)

This post will mostly be a little guide of the area, there are several little things to see.

This airport is the start location, in the exact location of the real city. Two runways, it's a simple start point near the nice young mountains of the surroundings.

Really close, to the west of the airport, you will find this small village (25.712318, -100.539891). Two dirt roads are going from this village to the two next locations, and I really recommend to jump into a Truck to visit those, especially the Vulture Nest temple.

This test track was tested with the Tartra. If you can't reach the end, you should feel ashamed.

The Vulture Nest temple is the other location near the airport. I spent a lot of time testing the track to acess it, so set the weather to dynamic, jump into the truck in the small village, and enjoy the ride ;)

This airport is the "real" Monterrey airport. You can follow the freeway next to the fictional airport to find this location :)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 04:29:01 am by Acetone »

HiFlyer

Re: Monterrey - earth2
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 04:05:00 pm »

Where there any differences between working with Earth one and Earth two?
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Dharma Initiative

• Enter: 4815162342
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 09:34:26 pm »

It Seems That We Here Went To Earth 2.0 much faster that the guys at NASA HAHA ! :) Lol !

josem75

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 06:21:28 pm »

The Vulture Nest temple is the other location near the airport. I spent a lot of time testing the track to acess it, so set the weather to dynamic, jump into the truck in the small village, and enjoy the ride ;)

Damm i didnt see that xD

Thank you Acetone. Always being the boss in the sceneries creation job and spend time for all.
Its a pity that we cant enjoy the old sceneries in the new earth. But sure more great things coming (OSM for cities in the future)

HiFlyer

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 06:25:06 pm »

LOL its just about the first thing I saw. I just hadn't gone for a closer look yet. I wanted to see what Talkeetna looked like in higher resolution with rivers first, then I went to Gap tallard, then I went to Andfly island, then the Grand canyon....... and then.....
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

josem75

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 07:00:25 pm »

LOL its just about the first thing I saw. I just hadn't gone for a closer look yet. I wanted to see what Talkeetna looked like in higher resolution with rivers first, then I went to Gap tallard, then I went to Andfly island, then the Grand canyon....... and then.....

ops. I didnt see Talkeetna either..   I will now.  Switzerland (Tallard, Gap and all) is pure love with this dataset.. And also Himalayas.
Im taking pictures for post some

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 04:49:36 am »

Where there any differences between working with Earth one and Earth two?

Nope, not really. You have to pay more attention to the rivers location if you are doing a fictional scenery, but it's exactly the same thing :)

BTW, JBLM will be released later, we needed a bit more time :)

cjstepney

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 06:47:21 pm »

My latest update has nothing of the sort included... where can we download this if we don't have it from the latest update? :/  Really want to drive up to that temple...

HiFlyer

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 07:00:46 pm »

My latest update has nothing of the sort included... where can we download this if we don't have it from the latest update? :/  Really want to drive up to that temple...

Its a long, dangerous drive........ Acetone is evil!  ;)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 04:30:45 am »

Hello!

Apparently, when installing this build over the previous one, the "install test scene areas" checkbox is set to "no" during the install, in order to avoid erasing any user content. You can install the scenery with the following .otx :

Dharma Initiative

• Enter: 4815162342
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 04:41:14 am »

So does this mean that all the previous sceneries are erased after I updated to this new release of earth 2.0 ? And that I might need to reinstall them all again ?

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2016, 04:54:36 am »

So does this mean that all the previous sceneries are erased after I updated to this new release of earth 2.0 ? And that I might need to reinstall them all again ?

All old sceneries are on the earth dataset (eath 75-90m), earth2 is the new one (earth 30-75m), it had rivers too. You can acess earth or earth2 in the start menu. If you take a look in your user directory, you'll see earth and earth2 both have a cache folder, so all content is separated, you won't erase anything :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2016, 07:04:31 am »

Hello!

Apparently, when installing this build over the previous one, the "install test scene areas" checkbox is set to "no" during the install, in order to avoid erasing any user content. You can install the scenery with the following .otx :

I did notice that checkbox and wondered about it. Glad I switched it to yes!