Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Question : what would be needed for making aicrafts showcase videos  (Read 4248 times)

foxfiles

• Reality is merely an illusion

Hello, considering the super high visual quality that you have reached,
what would be needed to make in OT video presentations similar or better than the one you can see in the below link :

What would the process be ?
- import the geometries of the aircraft parts
- write the code to make the bodies move
- write the flight path...and the viewport path
- record the simulation
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - A. Einstein

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Question : what would be needed for making aicrafts showcase videos
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 01:29:04 pm »

... not sure if comercial stuff could do it just like that (probably something to go trough Cameny - it has defence department mention and probably has something involving military sales or program funding in mind, definitely something id rather ask the "high autority" here) ... but just artwork would be ok.

If you do some external script that would both start the pathway-cammera recording and controll the actions of the objects whitein the scenes based on the time-line, it should be good (actually maybe some special feature for doing these thigs could be build into OT ? Meaning first setting a timeline, adding actions of objects to it (able to play/pause it in real time) and adding then the cammera movement - would be quite a tool !) ... doe, once MP is there, you could have just some friends help ya in real time, when it hits OT.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 01:57:01 pm »

We cant controll other types of objects now an else way than making them "vehicles" with scripts of that category. But Cameny plans the "black-box" feature to add scripts to other types of objects. Vehicles now can open doors (or whatewer defined in script) from outside contact, latter being enhanced by doing actions based on the mesh whitein the object you look at from outside it (lets say the full-click cockpit concept thingy) ... thing is, once black-box objects are in, an special scene-editor function could be done. Basically youd first use the scenery editor to set the scenery and then in the scene editor you set first environmental factors (aether the weather you need or some time-line based change in it), setup a timeline and by clicking on the timeline and then on some object, it would sweep trough its scipt and show you a list of actions it can doo (theyre are defined in some special way both in vehicles and JSBSim aircrafts, so a way to find them in the script and make a list of them shouldnt be a much problematic thing ? - doe triggering them by the scene-editor might be a little hard nut) - from witch you could choose what it should do. Then when all the timeline is full of stuff to do, you go defining the cammera angles and movements according to the timeline. It could be a powerfull tool for purely presentation purposes ... but not just those. Lets say one has some AI-entities, youd just let spawn those, give them pathways and just record a damn epic battlescene, or just set some ambient city-scenery traffic (once vehcles can both follow traintrack/road vectors and have some traffic AI programming on intersections) ... if even animation-files could be triggered trough the scene-editor, one could do even more complex scenes. (white certain particle-effects that could be selected and placed in the sceenes and the timeline etc.)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 02:02:19 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

foxfiles

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 07:51:11 am »

Thanks guys,
but to be sure, do you both mean that it is not so easy to do right now ?
and that Brano and his team would need to implement new functionalities... like this black-box

bomber

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 07:59:41 am »

Have you looked at any of the outerra videos  ?
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

foxfiles

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 08:20:50 am »

Have you looked at any of the outerra videos  ?

some of them yes of course, why ? what do you mean ?
it is not because there are many nice videos that they have been easy to make, especially when you need to import a model from a CAD system, program the kinematics of the aircraft components, then decide on the flight profile and so on...
I am not in gaming and I'd like to understand the burden for arriving at such results with OT

HiFlyer

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 10:28:22 am »

Though I've always wanted some of the traditional cameras:

Flyby Camera

Rotate around object cameras

And because I tend to use an Xbox controller, I would love to be able to use the second joystick as a mouse to look around with.....
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

bomber

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 10:34:34 am »

Sounds like the set of cameras FG comes with.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell