Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27

Author Topic: Latest version: 17.0.3.8141  (Read 223279 times)

josem75

Re: Latest version: 17.0.1.7885
« Reply #285 on: May 28, 2017, 10:01:16 am »

Yeah too much on our plates, but we are accumulating stuff in/for new pipeline and if everything works there will be much more to show 8)

For the next patch (still the old pipeline): polished road data import from OSM, new car(s) on which we are tuning/testing car physics, evening & night lighting updates, and a 64-bit build for testing (without UI for now, running in demo mode).

New pipeline and 64 bits sound very promising. 
Evening and night updates was something i was waiting for. At this poing this in outerra has room to be great with some tweaks. For example during evening, the sky transition become black suddenly, would be nice make a softer colour transition, and have a blue electric evening sky but just dark, not black without color like now.
Also stars, the main sky color at the very night (same, some blue very dark maybe instead total black), some moon effect, etc.  You can get a spectacular night in outerra.
Cars!! :)
See Cameni.. The new pipeline with some smoke ground effects, ground car sounds, and multiplayer, and we are done for a very while!! Racing randomly around the world
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 10:04:17 am by josem75 »

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #286 on: May 28, 2017, 03:31:44 pm »

Seems good, can't wait for all of these. Keep up the good work!

HiFlyer

« Reply #287 on: May 29, 2017, 07:51:54 am »

The thing is, if you look at the people who post on the forum, you see an awful lot of the exact same names that have pretty much been here for years.

The uber fans that have waited and waited.

And that includes me, of course: but as time has gone by, I visit a bit less, since it doesn't seem I miss very much by doing so.

I still have high hopes for the technology, but can't stop a growing sense that it's running out of time.

I would love to see what Cameni mentioned actually appear. Bring a feeling of progress and life back to the forum.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #288 on: May 29, 2017, 12:15:00 pm »

Evening and night updates was something i was waiting for. At this poing this in outerra has room to be great with some tweaks. For example during evening, the sky transition become black suddenly, would be nice make a softer colour transition, and have a blue electric evening sky but just dark, not black without color like now.

current/previous

Also stars, the main sky color at the very night (same, some blue very dark maybe instead total black), some moon effect, etc.  You can get a spectacular night in outerra.

Depends on whether there's some moonlight to illuminate the sky, pure stars are not enough. This is how it currently looks with the Moon (sky colors and sensitivity can be tuned):

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #289 on: May 29, 2017, 03:26:36 pm »

I like the color change, that reddish tone is much more realistic. Higher exposure is also great, we've come a long way since the times we couldn't see a damn thing at night in Outerra  :)

josem75

« Reply #290 on: May 30, 2017, 09:03:47 am »

current/previous

Depends on whether there's some moonlight to illuminate the sky, pure stars are not enough. This is how it currently looks with the Moon (sky colors and sensitivity can be tuned):

Spectacular.  Now we will have some light in the ground while Outerra evening. A

Do you think the new pipeline will make posible render complex terrain faster? When i am in not so complex terrains engine works very fast. But in switherland etc become more dificult to render all. Hope in the future with new generation cards and new pipelines this can be improved. Then will be literally like fly around a real detailed world.

2eyed

« Reply #291 on: May 30, 2017, 10:49:46 am »

josem75 wrote:
"Do you think the new pipeline will make posible render complex terrain faster? When i am in not so complex terrains engine works very fast. But in switherland etc become more dificult to render all. Hope in the future with new generation cards and new pipelines this can be improved. Then will be literally like fly around a real detailed world. "

I too hope, the new engine iteration will not be as forgetful as the current one, which sometimes can't remember what it rendered a second before when turning around ( mostly in high load cases in VR). :)

cldcrst

« Reply #292 on: May 30, 2017, 03:39:25 pm »

The new patch claims there is an "auto road data download" functionality. I have the full version of Outerra, but I cannot find this.

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
Re: Latest version: 17.0.1.7872
« Reply #293 on: May 30, 2017, 03:42:55 pm »

auto road data download
What does this mean though? At first I thought that we got global roads from the servers the same way everything else is being downloaded, but apparently I was wrong.

Road data placed on servers are automatically downloaded when you are in published area (Switzerland). There will be updated data soon.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #294 on: June 01, 2017, 01:37:34 pm »

I haven't launched it for the last few updates (er... couple/few months only).  After getting it, I believe, fully updated after a few relaunches, it hung on me when downloading planetary data with corrupted vector data error.  Now it doesn't do that, but just the blue and white background and nothing else but menus.

Also, can't reload texture array with different size at the bottom on launch.  (and Bad Magic Number in DDS file in the log)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 01:57:35 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #295 on: June 02, 2017, 01:41:06 am »

Seems we'll have to include some texture cleanup in the patch, not sure how you ended up with corrupt or different size textures ...

Jagerbomber

« Reply #296 on: June 02, 2017, 12:22:11 pm »

I didn't mess with anything afaik...

What should I do?

(Actually, I'm curious if my recent Windows 10 Insider installation issues could've done something to it, like it did with Steam and a few other games through Steam, though maybe I kinda doubt it, idk.)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 04:16:25 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #297 on: June 02, 2017, 05:37:42 pm »

No, I suspect that a particular sequence of incremental updates managed to leave it in such state, or that some other sw like antivirus prevented updating some files, so now some textures are inconsistent.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #298 on: June 02, 2017, 05:39:43 pm »

How do I get it working again, and is my stuff gone?  (Actually only a couple roads, but 1 really long and tweaked one.  =|)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #299 on: June 02, 2017, 06:55:44 pm »

Is not that you have an object in that location with different size textures, and that is producing the error? Have you tried delete default.cam to see if you can spawn somewhere else?
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27