Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: Latest version: 17.0.3.8141  (Read 220921 times)

Dharma Initiative

• Enter: 4815162342
Re: Latest version: 16.6601
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2016, 09:29:19 pm »

OMFG :) ! JUST WOW ! OK DOWNING THIS UPDATE FOR SHO ! GONNA GO ABOVE THE PREVIOUS NO NEW INSTALLS WE UPDATE ! GONNA MAKE IT WORK ! UM GUYS ! A HUGE THANX TO ALL WHO WORKED ON THIS ! BLESSINGS TO ALL ! I'M SPEECHLESS BY THE PICS  ! I CAN IMAGINE WHAT AWAITS ME :) YEY !

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2016, 01:03:38 am »

So I have the newest version, clean install, but rivers don't show up. I use the demo version only, dynamic weather is working and it seems that I have the earth2 folder. What should I do?

Some alpha features are initially available only in the full version, they will be enabled in the demo only some time later.

I also have a problem with graphics card: as I have notebook, the program uses the integrated one. It works well, but very low fps on most places. I also noticed that nvidia is active, when using the Outerra, it shows that outerra.exe is in use. As I open Outerra, it writes that Intel HD 4700 is the card which the program use... I am confused, I made the Nvidia control panel settings for outerra.exe to use the Nvidia, but nothing. I think it should be more than 10-20 fps with the Nvidia card (gtx 760m)... (I also have the latest drivers for both of them.)

Can you post your eng.log file, or just the part where it writes about versions and OpenGL contexts?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2016, 01:14:29 am »

So is earth2 the one going to be supported going forward? Deciding whether to delete the earth1 wad database I have.

Yes, there won't be any river and road data imported for the old earth,

edit: projectiles explode when they hit objects. Anyway to register a hit in the object's JS file?

Not yet. For perf reasons there might be a global register call that gets a list of all landed projectiles for given frame. We have to do some changes to the internal way of how the objects are referred to make this all more efficient.

Is there a way to revert to the old F7 controls? I just want to adjust their positions and the full map editor is way too cumbersome for that. It won't even select placed objects.

This is probably a bug in selecting objects in general.
I wanted to keep the old F7 window and have it open on some modifier key + click, but forgot to add it before the release.

Dharma Initiative

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2016, 01:30:54 am »

So Basicly i installed it ontop of the already installed Outerra Folders and when i launched it gave me as an option to choose from earth 1 earth 2 and middle earth which i grabbed from here ! i don't get though ! earth 2.0 is exactly same pretty much why not just make one earth and upgrade the first one with the second so to execute only one earth and not 2 separately ? i mean now i have to download pieces of map separately as i could just download the whole earth map database from here and thats it until something new gets formed there from water now everything is downloading manually part by part ! will there be a whole earth database release ?

Jagerbomber

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2016, 02:09:30 am »

So Basicly i installed it ontop of the already installed Outerra Folders and when i launched it gave me as an option to choose from earth 1 earth 2 and middle earth which i grabbed from here ! i don't get though ! earth 2.0 is exactly same pretty much why not just make one earth and upgrade the first one with the second so to execute only one earth and not 2 separately ? i mean now i have to download pieces of map separately as i could just download the whole earth map database from here and thats it until something new gets formed there from water now everything is downloading manually part by part ! will there be a whole earth database release ?

• Both elevation and rivers aren't final yet, the data will change. Once things get more stable there will be also a torrent link for full data download
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Dharma Initiative

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2016, 03:39:50 am »

oh great then ! yeah honestly the world's too big to download at once although i have 100MB fibre optic connection here still ! ok then thanx ! good day and goof luck ! would like to ask you this: do you play FSX ( microsoft flight simulator x ? of similar ? because i play FSX especially dealing with addons such as scenery , airplanes, effects and similar stuff. basicly bringing the sim closer to reality ! along with this while using Outerra it gives me a sort of motivation towards this project and ofcourse to making flight experience as well ! ok i'm offff.....

bongodriver

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2016, 08:03:07 am »

New version is working pretty good, loving the Oculus SDK 0.8 support but on occasion I am finding the mouse cursor disappears from view in VR when I bring the ingame menu up and I have to exit game if I want to see it again.

Dharma Initiative

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2016, 12:56:49 pm »

As The Admin Said ! It is all in the progress of being being fixed as well in the near future coming ! Whereas we shall be able to download the whole earth map database just like the first earth ! for now just testing stressing and so on !

Dharma Initiative

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2016, 03:43:18 pm »

BTW ! With New Nvidia Drivers : 364.72 all good in the hood with the graphics no purple stuff so far ! great ! just letting everyone know who haven't updated yet it is safe completely ! enjoy people ! thanx alot again !

zsbuum

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2016, 04:44:53 pm »

I also have a problem with graphics card: as I have notebook, the program uses the integrated one. It works well, but very low fps on most places. I also noticed that nvidia is active, when using the Outerra, it shows that outerra.exe is in use. As I open Outerra, it writes that Intel HD 4700 is the card which the program use... I am confused, I made the Nvidia control panel settings for outerra.exe to use the Nvidia, but nothing. I think it should be more than 10-20 fps with the Nvidia card (gtx 760m)... (I also have the latest drivers for both of them.)
Can you post your eng.log file, or just the part where it writes about versions and OpenGL contexts?

Thanks for the response, here it is (I hope this is enough):
Code: [Select]
INFO: starting io_man...
DEBUG: program directory: F:\Outerra\Anteworld\
INFO: Outerra 16, build 6601 from Sat, 26 Mar 2016 07:21:10 GMT
DEBUG: Nvidia driver profile "Outerra" found...
DEBUG: Initializing engine...
INFO: data root directory: F:\_Downloads\programs\outerra\
DEBUG: Windows version: 6.2.9200
DEBUG: CPU info:
CPU string: GenuineIntel
CPU brand string: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
Stepping ID: 3
Model: 12
Family: 6
Processor type: 0
Extended model: 3
Extended family: 0
Brand Index: 0
CLFLUSH cache line size: 64
APIC Physical ID: 4

DEBUG: Reading F:\_Downloads\programs\outerra\eng.cfg
DEBUG: GPU Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
DEBUG: GL Renderer: GeForce GTX 760M/PCIe/SSE2
DEBUG: GL Version: (450) 4.5.0 NVIDIA 364.51
DEBUG: OpenGL context defaults to: Nvidia, detected version: 450 build 0
DEBUG: Display devices attached to desktop:
\\.\DISPLAY1                     8086 0416 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Display: Generic PnP Monitor
\\.\DISPLAY2                     8086 0416 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
\\.\DISPLAY3                     8086 0416 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
DEBUG: Connected displays:
 Display #0:
Resolution:   1920x1080
Refresh rate: 143000000/2379520Hz
Scaling mode: 1
Rotation:     0 deg
Adapter:      \\.\DISPLAY1
Position:     0,0
DEBUG: GPU System info
    Graphics card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
    GPU vendor ID: 10de (NVIDIA Corporation)
    GPU device ID: 0416
    OpenGL driver version: 10.18.13.6451 (nvoglv32.dll)
    OpenGL driver build number: 6451

INFO: FT tracker initialized
DEBUG:   init timer to 1ms
DEBUG: Initializing display mode: 1920x1080x32 60Hz
DEBUG: Outerra window created size 1920x1080
DEBUG: Starting JobMaster...
DEBUG: Creating JobMaster thread 0
DEBUG: Creating JobMaster thread 1
DEBUG: Creating JobMaster thread 2
DEBUG: Creating JobMaster thread 3
DEBUG: Creating JobMaster thread 4
DEBUG: Creating JobMaster thread 5
DEBUG: Creating JobMaster thread 6
DEBUG: Creating JobMaster thread 7
PERF: reload_pkgs_and_objdefs blocked for 35.89ms
DEBUG: Event "vertical_speed" already defined, overriding with latest definition.
DEBUG: (io_man) event group "player" has been activated...
DEBUG: Available display modes:
    320x200@60
    320x240@60
    400x300@60
    512x384@60
    640x400@60
    640x480@60
    800x600@60
    1024x768@60
    1152x864@60
    1280x600@60
    1280x720@60
    1280x768@60
    1280x800@60
    1280x960@60
    1280x1024@60
    1360x768@60
    1366x768@60
    1400x1050@60
    1440x900@60
    1600x900@60
    1680x1050@60
    1920x1080@60

DEBUG:
Available Capture Devices are:-
Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)

DEBUG:
Sound system information:
    Using OpenAL device (OpenAL Soft)
    ALC Extensions: ALC_ENUMERATE_ALL_EXT ALC_ENUMERATION_EXT ALC_EXT_CAPTURE ALC_EXT_DEDICATED ALC_EXT_disconnect ALC_EXT_EFX ALC_EXT_thread_local_context ALC_SOFT_loopback
    Using OpenAL capture device (OpenAL Soft)
    ALC_FREQUENCY: 44100
    ALC_REFRESH: 43
    ALC_SYNC: 0
    ALC_MONO_SOURCES: 255
    ALC_STEREO_SOURCES: 1

OpenAL info:
    Vendor: OpenAL Community
    Version: 1.1 ALSOFT 1.15.1
    Renderer: OpenAL Soft
    Extensions: AL_EXT_ALAW AL_EXT_DOUBLE AL_EXT_EXPONENT_DISTANCE AL_EXT_FLOAT32 AL_EXT_IMA4 AL_EXT_LINEAR_DISTANCE AL_EXT_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_MULAW AL_EXT_MULAW_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_OFFSET AL_EXT_source_distance_model AL_LOKI_quadriphonic AL_SOFT_buffer_samples AL_SOFT_buffer_sub_data AL_SOFTX_deferred_updates AL_SOFT_direct_channels AL_SOFT_loop_points AL_SOFT_source_latency

DEBUG: renderer: thread started...
DEBUG: Searching suitable pixel format...
INFO: Pixel format description:
    WGL_SUPPORT_OPENGL_ARB=1
    WGL_DOUBLE_BUFFER_ARB=1
    WGL_SWAP_METHOD_ARB=WGL_SWAP_EXCHANGE_ARB
    WGL_SAMPLES_ARB=0
    WGL_SAMPLE_BUFFERS_ARB=0
    WGL_AUX_BUFFERS_ARB=4
    WGL_ACCUM_BITS_ARB=64
DEBUG: Pixel format has been found: 11
DEBUG: Setting pixel format
DEBUG: Creating temporary OpenGL rendering context
DEBUG: Setting temporary rendering context as current
DEBUG: Creating OpenGL 4.x rendering context
DEBUG: Setting main rendering context as current
DEBUG: OpenGL context initialized: 4.3
DEBUG: OpenGL renderer information
    vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
    renderer: GeForce GTX 760M/PCIe/SSE2
    version: 4.3.0 NVIDIA 364.51
    glsl: 4.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
    Total available GPU memory: 2048 MB
    Current available GPU memory: 1972 MB
    MAX_UNIFORM_BLOCK_SIZE: 65536
    MAX_VERTEX_UNIFORM_BLOCKS: 14
    MAX_GEOMETRY_UNIFORM_BLOCKS: 14
    MAX_FRAGMENT_UNIFORM_BLOCKS: 14
    UNIFORM_BUFFER_OFFSET_ALIGNMENT: 256
    MAX_UNIFORM_BUFFER_BINDINGS: 84
    MAX_TEXTURE_BUFFER_SIZE: 134217728
    MAX_DRAW_BUFFERS: 8
    MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE: 16384
    MAX_3D_TEXTURE_SIZE: 2048
    MAX_SPARSE_ARRAY_TEXTURE_LAYERS: 2048
    MAX_ARRAY_TEXTURE_LAYERS: 2048
    MAX_ELEMENTS_INDICES: 1048576
    MAX_ELEMENTS_VERTICES: 1048576
    MAX_COMBINED_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS: 192
    MAX_VIEWPORTS: 0
    Number of OpenGL extensions: 322
    NV_depth_buffer_float: yes

josem75

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2016, 05:42:35 pm »

30 or 90m only tells about the resolution of the source data. This gets resampled to the projection OT uses, which also has a different resolution. Correctly we should mark the data as source/target resolution. Previous dataset was 90/76, the one in Earth2 is 30/76. As such it's around 14GB (up from 12GB). A finer data of 30/38 is approximately 3x bigger, 40GB.

90m SRTM data was made from 30m data by 3x3 averaging. Due to the nature of the filtering this made it effectively lower than 90m resolution, erasing details. Similarly, the original 30m data were reprocessed from satellite scans and the filtering applied there made it effectively lower than 30m. Hence, when we compare differences between 30/76 and 30/38, these are very small and sometimes it's even hard to tell which one is better. It definitely isn't worth the extra 26GB at all. However, the difference between 30/76 and 90/76 is large. That led us to conclusion that OT needs to reconstruct the lost detail in the source data by applying a re-sharpening filer or by using better sources.

Existing SRTM1 sources also contain lots of missing data and bugs. NASA is working on a reprocessed SRTM data called NASADEM that should fix most of that, though I don't thing they'll do much about the filtering.

2 Gb better spent ever..  In fact the new dataset is not ading a huge new extra-details, but all the formations already existing are now much much better detailed. The result is a more refined  terrain and also much more accurate.
I can say seeing my mountains around.  And fly over Switzerland now is crazy beautiful.

Maybe in some time Nasa put some 30m data that worth to use as 30/38 with triple Gb. If the data is correct the jump in details should be again so huge. With 30 m real data the world is greatly defined. 
Do you think Nasadem will be a 30m accuracy source for that, and soon? 
I hope some day you can build this 30/38, and then wait til the future for see a 5m resolution in 2020-2025, in Outerra 3.0 :D

josem75

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2016, 05:58:15 pm »

By the way. Thanks and congrats to all the team for the great aditions. More and more steps.
The new dataset. Also  The weather changing is lovely while you are flying. All the conditions are very very real. Great weather in Outerra.  Its true that rain is dificult to see in high speed as hiflyer said, but maybe this would be the same in real life (dont know for be honest).

All the rivers are not only ading rivers (big blue ones) but also a lot of extra-detail. Because many small rivers are really like the torrents i was talking about in some topic.  So now we see more real mouintains while flying.
Ambitious is the word for define that (also like Hiflyer said). So in the first stage of osm data rivers, we will see some crazy terrain things made for the data.
But if with the time working and getting knoweledge on this task you can fight this monster, and get control of those accidents merged with the terrain, this will be EPIC!!   All the engines represent that as just flat... 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 06:14:01 pm by josem75 »

andfly

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2016, 07:43:28 pm »

Great, great, great !!!   8)

The transition to data 30 mt and the refined textures are fantastic!
The rivers complete the realism of the landscape and ...
The dynamic time!
The sky darkens .. wind rises ... falls the rain ...
Then the clouds open and the sun comes back ...
Flying and sailing with the wind that changes in speed increases the involvement!

I noticed another thing magnificent ...
The seabed near the coastline is covered patch of grass that simulate algae. I hope it is not a mistake and that it is maintained in the future ...
Finally there is something , underwater , reflecting the lights of underwater vehicles!
Gleam in the black abyss as glitter, in a nightclub, when there are black lights ...

And now a curiosity:
What's different between the blades of grass and the surface of the rocks that determines the reflection of light on the first?
You can not even cover the ground with something similar to make underwater light?
The question is obviously rhetorical, if it was so simple Cameni would have already done!
But curiosity remains ... why the surface of the rocks and the grass surface are so substantially different in reflection?

Thanks again for this wonderful update!  :)
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

Occams Razer

• Freelance Graphic and Game Designer, 3D Artist
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2016, 08:03:08 pm »

Note: Ground vehicles (cars, trucks) seem to work much better now, with little to none of the wild bouncing behavior we've become accustomed to. Unfortunately this does not extend to Thesenergys vehicles, which are beautiful but currently non-functional to various degrees.  =|

Still, its nice to take a high speed spin on the new roads, and have the cars mostly behave like cars!

I can't say I notice much difference in ground vehicle behavior than before. Then again, I don't have any small passenger cars installed, which I could use as a better basis for comparison with a real car (and enjoy the roads more!). Any recommendations? :D

A few notable bugs with the new version, such as choppy doppler for ambient sounds. The walking mode also seems to be broken, as it raises an error message and lets the camera fall to the ground. And of course, there's what happened to watercraft, though I imagine that's just fallout from the process of getting them to work with rivers.

HiFlyer

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2016, 08:30:25 pm »

Note: Ground vehicles (cars, trucks) seem to work much better now, with little to none of the wild bouncing behavior we've become accustomed to. Unfortunately this does not extend to Thesenergys vehicles, which are beautiful but currently non-functional to various degrees.  =|

Still, its nice to take a high speed spin on the new roads, and have the cars mostly behave like cars!

I can't say I notice much difference in ground vehicle behavior than before. Then again, I don't have any small passenger cars installed, which I could use as a better basis for comparison with a real car (and enjoy the roads more!). Any recommendations? :D

A few notable bugs with the new version, such as choppy doppler for ambient sounds. The walking mode also seems to be broken, as it raises an error message and lets the camera fall to the ground. And of course, there's what happened to watercraft, though I imagine that's just fallout from the process of getting them to work with rivers.

Believe me, it was not hard to make cars bounce for the moon! Of course they still do, but the behavior does seem to be a bit more controlled. As fas as small cars, unfortunately nothing from Thesynergy works right now, which is a shame because they are beautiful models.

Bugslakes vehicles are pretty good, And NewS Trucks are great. Also, SteelRats Carsim stuff is very promising. Take a look here:

http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3360.0

http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=1532.0

http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=1525.0

http://www.outerramods.com/

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27