Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Author Topic: Latest version: 17.0.3.8141  (Read 220945 times)

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
Re: Latest version: 16.7057
« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2016, 01:43:25 am »

Basically what it does is getting real time weather data from external sources which goes into OT. Also now it sorta supports multiplayer. More info here:
http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2705.msg41630#msg41630

jonslynn

« Reply #121 on: July 17, 2016, 01:50:44 am »

Thanks for the info.  They never get the weather right where I am at so good luck.  Always good to see a pluin for Outerra.  I will have to check this out though.

Thanks

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #122 on: July 17, 2016, 04:00:23 am »

New patch is very interesting, but as far as the rivers that still have a lot of BUG's! :-[ I was even say - too much! Brano, how far along are you with the rivers ... what is being done with it so what is changed?

... and thanks for new patch.
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #123 on: July 17, 2016, 08:16:53 am »

Hello, fellow Outerrans.

The dirt track you can see in the trailer was supposed to be in the update, but OT patcher can't install scenery yet, so I made a thread in the scenery subforum so people can test it and give some feedback :)

http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3630.0

Mud really change the driving:

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2016, 10:41:28 am »

I noticed that cloud altitude changed to 400-500 meters, weather settings don't change anything. Is it related to previous use of langdon's plugin (I'm not using it currently) or is it just specific to this update?

Some people reported an issue with the weather, so far unclear what's the cause. Might be related to the (old version of) weather plugin somehow.

Does it imply that now we have a property that allows to land them on ships or that we can actually do that right now with default vehicles? I tried to land Apache on Arleigh Burke but it just floated through the ship, and doesn't even have space anyways... I guess we need an actual aerocarrier now.

The ship should have collision shapes defined first. But basically aircraft will now interact with wheels with objects, in addition to the terrain.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2016, 10:47:45 am »

New patch is very interesting, but as far as the rivers that still have a lot of BUG's! :-[ I was even say - too much! Brano, how far along are you with the rivers ... what is being done with it so what is changed?

Yes they still have a lot of bugs. The ones with artifacts on the banks will be fixed, the differences in height can be tweaked and filtered better, but some of them result from poor quality of OSM data and I fear these won't be easily fixed, except by fixing the OSM data.

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2016, 12:07:18 pm »

Yes they still have a lot of bugs. The ones with artifacts on the banks will be fixed, the differences in height can be tweaked and filtered better, but some of them result from poor quality of OSM data and I fear these won't be easily fixed, except by fixing the OSM data.

Okay, would it not be better to make the rivers by hand and this to be stored so that they no longer disappear after new OT start of their place? Is only a suggestion. For my opinion, this OSM data does more bad than good, because the whole landscape looks after much worse than with OSM data.  ::)
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2016, 02:47:12 pm »

Okay, would it not be better to make the rivers by hand and this to be stored so that they no longer disappear after new OT start of their place?

Not sure what you mean by "that they no longer disappear".
Thousands of kilometers of rivers by hand ... not doable.

marcel250

« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2016, 09:35:46 pm »

Hey guys

I have the Outerra Tech Demo, and the rivers doesn't appear,

The rivers are exclusive for Anteworld? or there's a manner to activate the rivers?

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2016, 09:42:18 pm »

You need full version as well as earth2 chosen in the starting menu. Rivers might be transfered to demo version at some point, as some of the newest features do, but I have no idea when this may happen.

M7

« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2016, 11:20:02 am »

Outerra doesnt load since the last update. It freeze right after login.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2016, 01:57:18 am »

Since the terrain data were upgraded, it has to redownload them. Initial load may be taking longer and look like frozen, can you try a couple more times and check the log for activity (if the data download)?

M7

« Reply #132 on: July 19, 2016, 11:05:27 am »

I left it on the loading screen for an hour , nothing moved.

the screen shows that i still have 16.6655 version but the update log says it updated successfully to 7057.

edit: and i downloaded the 25GB earth2, still same thing
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 11:46:59 am by M7 »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2016, 12:01:12 pm »

If it didn't update, it's usually because of an antivirus or another blocker.

Code: [Select]
INFO: Some foreign modules were found injected into outerra.exe. Note that these modules can interfere with the rendering, causing black screen or rendering artifacts. It's advised either to stop the programs or unload them.
The following potentially problematic modules were found:
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Av\avghookx.dll (AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o., AVG Internet Security), version 16.91.0.7688

M7

« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2016, 01:44:30 pm »

Make sense as i installed that antivirus not long ago. So now, i turned off the anti-virus ,  load outerra and get stucked in the same way.
Would i need to run a manual updater executable?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27