Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27

Author Topic: Latest version: 17.0.3.8141  (Read 220833 times)

King_Richard

Re: Latest version: 16.7057
« Reply #195 on: December 31, 2016, 12:08:49 pm »

We are also releasing a sample of OSM road and building import

Scenery looks great!

Is the import tool using shape files that we can extract ourselves in the future within the editor or will a third party program like ArcGis / QGIS be required?
Does the current data set that you've released to us contain mostly auto generated buildings from the shape file or was there a lot of manual placement involved?

Happy New Years and I am indeed looking forward to 2017!
And thanks for the object size tip Acetone!

Jagerbomber

Re: Latest version: 16.1.0.7503
« Reply #196 on: December 31, 2016, 12:22:14 pm »

You mention road connections and I keep hearing talk about automatic road snapping and such... Did I completely miss that being added at some point or a way of doing it other than aligning manually?...

I haven't been able to even get to the last update yet. Is plain unmarked road segment width fixed here compared to marked with outer lines, which were wider?
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

pasto

« Reply #197 on: December 31, 2016, 01:09:17 pm »

@king_richard the content in the released package was placed using osm import tool (except for the airport area that was placed manually) and we would like to release a global dataset as soon as possible. i think we do not plan to allow changes in the imported package in the near future other than altering osm using one of the osm editors or to change it manually using our scenery editor (but these changes are local for one user). changes made in osm editor will be synced once in a while as the import process requires quite some processing hours. however we might provide interface to allow configuration of f.e. the building matching algorithm, that you could define what models would you like to use for which area with what priority, etc.... but as our game is the priority this might take a while... all tbd...

pasto

« Reply #198 on: December 31, 2016, 01:12:48 pm »

@jagerbomber there is no snapping yet. its still the old editor. but you can at least align the roads vertically if they share a point.... all these features were made for the import tool mostly and are not integrated in the editor very well. but you can find it there...

krz9000

« Reply #199 on: December 31, 2016, 08:13:09 pm »

the ability to refresh a small area that we changed in an osm editor would be a dream come true. this way can get a good feel abut how outerra interprets the data and what might still needs fixing should become obvious as well. loving this update!!! i always hoped that outerra becomes some kind of OSM viewer with a game layer on top

HiFlyer

« Reply #200 on: December 31, 2016, 11:02:08 pm »

I can see right now from wandering around in the new scenery that somehow, bridges are going to have to become a thing!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

josem75

« Reply #201 on: December 31, 2016, 11:45:45 pm »

@jagerbomber there is no snapping yet. its still the old editor. but you can at least align the roads vertically if they share a point.... all these features were made for the import tool mostly and are not integrated in the editor very well. but you can find it there...

Guys.. You should be celebrating the new year.. This was an unexpected christmas gift for outerrans..  The way terrain looks with all the roads and even little dirt roads on top of the mountains, already altogether with little rivers accidents, is weirdly pretty and great. Actually looking so so real..
Now it would be great that you can use that 15 meter (15 or 30 i dont remember good) textures terrain also for that Bern area. Any posibilities for do that? Use just for this little area as an alpha show, similar like this OSM preview.

Pasto you are fighting nicely with that dragon. As Cameni said time ago. I am surprissed in how 90% of the roads are perfectly connected (something at the moment very dificult to do manually). Still not all are well connected, and also i found some flicker problem (like a storm, turning sky in black) and some probs, but normal. Still a great alpha aproximation to Osm Outerra Era.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 11:48:04 pm by josem75 »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #202 on: January 01, 2017, 11:49:52 am »

Now it would be great that you can use that 15 meter (15 or 30 i dont remember good) textures terrain also for that Bern area. Any posibilities for do that? Use just for this little area as an alpha show, similar like this OSM preview.

Yes that's a good idea to do the imagery import tests in that location.

zzz

« Reply #203 on: January 02, 2017, 01:24:13 pm »

register_axis is working again.

DAE importer still disappears.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #204 on: January 03, 2017, 04:57:11 pm »

Ok yay, so Plain marking width was fixed.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #205 on: January 03, 2017, 05:23:26 pm »

So I updated and installed Swiss roads, but nothing appears in-game. I checked my data folder (specifically the new osm one), it has the files. I also use earth2...
Any clues?

Jagerbomber

« Reply #206 on: January 03, 2017, 05:27:49 pm »

Also, I still gotta remember that the Google map overlay defaults to isometric view rather than the top-down view.

A double yellow with no outer lines would be really helpful too.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 05:47:36 pm by Jagerbomber »

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #207 on: January 03, 2017, 06:16:51 pm »

So I updated and installed Swiss roads, but nothing appears in-game. I checked my data folder (specifically the new osm one), it has the files. I also use earth2...
Any clues?

Is just Bern... Are you there?
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #208 on: January 03, 2017, 11:08:24 pm »

Whooops  :facepalm:
Well, then the description for the road package is a bit misleading.
swiss_roads.otx - Swiss road network (Gdrive)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #209 on: January 04, 2017, 07:48:17 am »

No, roads are for the whole Switzerland. Hmm, an idea - the otx won't install properly if you changed your data-path = "data" in world.cfg. If you can find the data in data/earth2/_osm/ (non-empty +z folder), you can move it where your real planet data storage is.

The data will be downloaded dynamically in next build, so it won't be a problem then. I just didn't manage it in time ...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27