Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: Latest version: 17.0.3.8141  (Read 220911 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Latest version: 17.0.3.8141
« Reply #345 on: July 10, 2017, 04:27:32 am »

New full install: Anteworld-17.0.3.8141
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 11:31:29 am by cameni »

josem75

« Reply #346 on: July 10, 2017, 06:46:01 am »

Version 17.0.3.8141 (9 Jul 2017)
  • 30m real forest density map
  • implemented tire friction vs moving objects
  • adaptive joystick range on vehicles
  • fix/wa for nvidia 384.xx white roads
  • fixed potholes with wear=0
Absolute no words.. The only word i can think is THANKS for so much work on this amazing engine.
Every place looks now so real. Besides you know you are seeing trees where in real life are.
But my place was specially bad in trees, was TOTALY empty. (even increasing a lot the density).
So now when i see my place in Outerra, with every group of trees where they really are.. For the first time i have the sense i am seeing my real place in the engine! Its so amazing.

Just one though. 
Before, many trees was placed in areas coloured with darker green in texture (i assume engine did on purpose, placing trees where this green was detected, thats the reason my place barely had trees). So when u go far and trees disappear, you was able to see that dark green making the effect of the trees being there.
Now with this amazing real Map for vegetation, many trees are placed in "normal" areas, not dark green, so when render disappear trees you cant "see them" as before (in the case of some of the new trees, still you have this effect in many areas).

So one idea. Could be posible to paint those areas in darker green (with variance using random parameters, etc) so you are capable to see the effect of vegetation from high altitude? Because now in my place, when you are far enough (i use tree rendering in Ultra), all looks like before this vegetation map, only some few areas have this darker green.
This green map can appear when trees disappear from render, or can be always there as a floor of the trees if you see more convenient.
Just an idea. Dont know if tecnically posible or not.
It would be a way this map can refine other things in the engine, textures in this case. But also can refine sounds (put now wolfs and other sounds only in those tree areas).

Again, really this is awesome, a total change in the engine to be more real. Cant wait for see more amazing results from your work with those big data (i think seashore for example, and maybe more things to come), and seeing the entire texture map itself in higher resolution some day soon.
If only with the map trees this is a total change, i cant imagine how would be the entire texture map of Outerra being few meters from 500 which is now..

« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 08:05:30 am by josem75 »

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #347 on: July 10, 2017, 06:56:36 am »

Hmm, nice, I used to live in an area with two hills, one has a distinctive row of trees on the top, kinda like a mohawk, and the other was completely bare except for ONE tree right on top that stood out. I expect the mohawk on one hill to be there in the OT database so that will be nice to see. Now, if that single tree is there as well then wow 😅 Sadly I won't be back on the computer until September 😥
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #348 on: July 10, 2017, 07:11:01 am »

Hmm, nice, I used to live in an area with two hills, one has a distinctive row of trees on the top, kinda like a mohawk, and the other was completely bare except for ONE tree right on top that stood out. I expect the mohawk on one hill to be there in the OT database so that will be nice to see. Now, if that single tree is there as well then wow 😅 Sadly I won't be back on the computer until September 😥

Give me the gps coordinates, I can PM you pictures :)

josem75

« Reply #349 on: July 10, 2017, 07:13:48 am »

So one idea. Could be posible to paint those areas in darker green (with variance using random parameters, etc) so you are capable to see the effect of vegetation from high altitude? Because now in my place, when you are far enough (i use tree rendering in Ultra), all looks like before this vegetation map, only some few areas have this darker green.
This green map can appear when trees disappear from render, or can be always there as a floor of the trees if you see more convenient.
Just an idea. Dont know if tecnically posible or not.
It would be a way this map can refine other things in the engine, textures in this case. But also can refine sounds (put now wolfs and other sounds only in those tree areas).

Edit:
Ohh wait.. It seems this effect i am talking about is already there for the majority of the new trees. I was confused seeing tiny groups of trees, or trees in brown areas.. But.. Now seeing carefully and at least for real big groups of trees you still see that darker green texture when trees disappear from render.
Now i cant compare with the old version. For see if this new map also refined the green texture in Outerra or those greens variations was there since before with the current 500 m texture map.
But I would bet 100% is now more refined... Am i right?
I even can see firewalls along the trees in my place (from distance, in texture).. This is IMPOSIBLE with 500 m textures...

« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 08:11:01 am by josem75 »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #350 on: July 10, 2017, 08:15:31 am »

Edit:
Maybe this effect i am talking about is already there for the majority of the new trees. I was confused seeing tiny groups of trees in brown areas.. But.. Now seeing carefully and at least for real big groups of trees you still see that darker green texture when trees disappear from render.

Right now the trees aren't baked into the texture of tiles that are coarser than the level where the trees appear, but the ambient occlusion effect from the trees is baked there. That means where you have a larger group of trees, from high elevations you'd see the terrain being darkened there, creating an illusion of tree mass being visible. When the trees are sparse, the ambient effect is weak and you do not see it from above.

We plan to add two more LOD stages for trees, one that would create tree-like bump noise in distance to get rid of the early transition, and then also seasonal baking of trees for even greater distances.

HiFlyer

« Reply #351 on: July 10, 2017, 09:19:29 am »

I had deleted the cfg files to adress that possability, but it didn't help.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

josem75

« Reply #352 on: July 10, 2017, 10:17:50 am »

Edit:
Maybe this effect i am talking about is already there for the majority of the new trees. I was confused seeing tiny groups of trees in brown areas.. But.. Now seeing carefully and at least for real big groups of trees you still see that darker green texture when trees disappear from render.

Right now the trees aren't baked into the texture of tiles that are coarser than the level where the trees appear, but the ambient occlusion effect from the trees is baked there. That means where you have a larger group of trees, from high elevations you'd see the terrain being darkened there, creating an illusion of tree mass being visible. When the trees are sparse, the ambient effect is weak and you do not see it from above.

We plan to add two more LOD stages for trees, one that would create tree-like bump noise in distance to get rid of the early transition, and then also seasonal baking of trees for even greater distances.

Ahhh, that is.. As you see, this totally do the trick. If you see my distant pic, i signaled in red the firewall. this firewall is there for true. This mean with that trick, some ground details (involved with trees) are now 30 M accurate, instead 500.  For example for firewalls and greens shapes of the mountains.
True is not a trick for every tree itself. For this, in very little trees areas i didnt see anything in distance. Lods with Bump.. i like the idea. I remember when i suggested some bump action for the ground. So bump trees will give some depth to the ground in distance..  Also seasonal. So you can see seasons while you are flying.

This is only getting better and better.. How you was able to get SO accurate vegetation map? As i told, even firewalls are there..  Any chance to get maps of Crops too? This would be so amazing.. <3
Having a map of crops i think this capacity outerra to make squares would do the trick, programing it ofr make squares and colours randomly. For example. Do u think is posible?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 10:20:17 am by josem75 »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #353 on: July 10, 2017, 10:29:34 am »

This is only getting better and better.. How you was able to get SO accurate vegetation map? As i told, even firewalls are there..  Any chance to get maps of Crops too? This would be so amazing.. <3
Having a map of crops i think this capacity outerra to make squares would do the trick, programing it ofr make squares and colours randomly. For example. Do u think is posible?

This is using Global Forest Change database by Hansen & co from UMD. Apart from some tree coverage on steep mountain slopes it's quite good.

Interestingly, the same group also has a Global Cropland Extent, albeit less precise (250m) and also some of the tiles in Africa are missing (corrupt). The data seem to be also less reliable, probably considerably harder to detect from raw satellite data. We will have to combine it with several other sources, and eventually also produce vector fields to have sharper transitions up close.

HiFlyer

« Reply #354 on: July 10, 2017, 11:25:50 am »

The new full install has an unreachable dns.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #355 on: July 10, 2017, 11:32:28 am »

Sorry, it was a malformed forum tag Anteworld-17.0.3.8141

HiFlyer

« Reply #356 on: July 10, 2017, 11:33:41 am »

aWac9

« Reply #357 on: July 10, 2017, 01:48:18 pm »

Thank you

Has been spectacular the improvement, and the filter between the original natural image of OT (right) and the filtered image with Kernel (left)
I do not know how they have done it ,,,, we will soon confuse reality with OT

comparativa de imagen by , en Flickr
  ::)

2eyed

« Reply #358 on: July 10, 2017, 01:57:00 pm »

Improved tree mapping is impressive. Thanks!
Seems, with the update I got some heavy Xbox controller drift, which isn't curable with dead zone settings for controller.

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #359 on: July 10, 2017, 02:20:25 pm »

Give me the gps coordinates, I can PM you pictures :)
For privacy reasons I won't but thank you very much of the offer 😊
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27