Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: Latest version: 17.0.3.8141  (Read 220857 times)

josem75

Re: Latest version: 17.0.3.8141
« Reply #360 on: July 10, 2017, 04:23:08 pm »

Thank you

Has been spectacular the improvement, and the filter between the original natural image of OT (right) and the filtered image with Kernel (left)
I do not know how they have done it ,,,, we will soon confuse reality with OT

comparativa de imagen by , en Flickr
  ::)

I use something similar for In-Game. Sharpening the image while i fly outerra (and other filters which i add).
Its called LumaSharpen in Reshade Mediator program.
I am seeing your late videos and i knew you was sharpening the image in post. So Now i know how :)

josem75

« Reply #361 on: July 10, 2017, 04:36:45 pm »

This is only getting better and better.. How you was able to get SO accurate vegetation map? As i told, even firewalls are there..  Any chance to get maps of Crops too? This would be so amazing.. <3
Having a map of crops i think this capacity outerra to make squares would do the trick, programing it ofr make squares and colours randomly. For example. Do u think is posible?

This is using Global Forest Change database by Hansen & co from UMD. Apart from some tree coverage on steep mountain slopes it's quite good.

Interestingly, the same group also has a Global Cropland Extent, albeit less precise (250m) and also some of the tiles in Africa are missing (corrupt). The data seem to be also less reliable, probably considerably harder to detect from raw satellite data. We will have to combine it with several other sources, and eventually also produce vector fields to have sharper transitions up close.

Great. I was seeing the page and downloaded a small part. I saw the white mask with the crop areas. Its a pity 250 meter instead 30. But thinking. Maybe we can build our own masks from the data you have in 30 m? (i think was 30 if i remember correctly).
In every small part we can make the masc with photoshop. Crops are normally visible and obvious formations.
also. I dont know if the masc can add also some color info. So the random textures generated by a tool can have some color guide too.
Maybe this is too complex.. Dont know if posible with some accurate colors.
But at least the mask i think we can build with patient and help. I could do some areas. I think in 30 meter imaginery crops are that visible for a manual selection and then prepare the black&wait masks.

Edit: maybe is "easier" than i though. Maybe you can add a extra detail texture, 30 meter instead 500, but only for those masked areas. So would not be that huge in data, and crops would be very well defined.
I guess would require many work for a real ground detailed coloured crops, and not just a plane "picture" on the texture.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 05:13:40 pm by josem75 »

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #362 on: July 10, 2017, 05:29:09 pm »

Speaking about crops, once we have fields in the engine the scale and realism would go through the roof.

For a first implementation, a simple color overlay using a field database (I'd there's such a  thing, I'm sure there is 😆) and one of say 10 possible colors for crops. No 3D crops/vegetation required at least not now
Then I guess the next step could be doing the ridges  (you know that pattern a plow leaves behind) using the terrain system, it should be able to handle it
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

josem75

« Reply #363 on: July 10, 2017, 06:20:04 pm »

Speaking about crops, once we have fields in the engine the scale and realism would go through the roof.

For a first implementation, a simple color overlay using a field database (I'd there's such a  thing, I'm sure there is 😆) and one of say 10 possible colors for crops. No 3D crops/vegetation required at least not now
Then I guess the next step could be doing the ridges  (you know that pattern a plow leaves behind) using the terrain system, it should be able to handle it

Yes. Totally agree. For example, the same grass we already has but adquiring the color of the crop would do the trick for now. With some variance of color (along the same color piece of the crop).
But also Outerra is amazing capable of make squares of sand diferent colors. So this can be the base and then coloured grass on it.

This, if some real crop data can be vectorized.
I was seeing as Cameni told me, there is some 250 m data. For begining would be nice adition. Not all the crops in the world but at least some places. And the mask is done (not entire it seems, needing some job).
I dont know how to prepare a more detailed database from 30 m imaginery. This could be complex for do manually.
But i would try with some area to test. I dont know how one 30 m area texture looks like, and how clear those crops can be seeing there for select and create the masks in every area. Maybe is a crazy tedious job. Or maybe is affordable. Who knows. 

« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 06:23:56 pm by josem75 »

ziagg

« Reply #364 on: July 12, 2017, 01:21:36 pm »

This is using Global Forest Change database by Hansen & co from UMD. Apart from some tree coverage on steep mountain slopes it's quite good.

I have exactly found such a "steep mountain slope" with trees that should not be there, and it bugs me quite a bit as it's one of my favorite areas. Is there anything I can do to remove the trees? Levelling will of course not work since I don't want to level the mountain  :)

Do the forest settings under "Env" in game work? I tried playing around with those but nothing seems to happen. I don't generally like to change global settings but I could imagine to just disable trees above XX meters so that my mountain is tree-free again. How would I do that?

Thanks, and thanks for the awesome work and the recent updates.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #365 on: July 12, 2017, 03:02:13 pm »

We'll probably apply some such filter rule, removing trees from steep slopes and above certain temperature. It would be better to fix the source data, but it's hard to do in an automated way without causing some damage elsewhere.

Old forest settings do not work, they would have to be modified to work on top of the new system, but I'm not sure it's worth it.

ziagg

« Reply #366 on: July 12, 2017, 05:12:16 pm »

Yeah that makes sense. Thanks  :)

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #367 on: July 26, 2017, 07:27:35 pm »

Hi,

what happens with the FBX Importer?
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #368 on: July 26, 2017, 11:08:56 pm »

Hi,

what happens with the FBX Importer?

What you mean? Is working for me...
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #369 on: July 27, 2017, 12:44:59 am »

With me write it: ERROR msg here... =|

p.s. Funny ... have cleaned ENG.LOG and now goes again. :facepalm:
I don't know what's going on. ::)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 01:01:54 am by Revolver »
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

Spacedog

« Reply #370 on: August 24, 2017, 07:32:32 pm »

I'm having trouble with my Xbox controller, when I set it up for movement it always drifts when I let go of the joystick even with the deadzone set high.

I think I can see what the problem is flying the plane and using the analog buttons for throttle because it shows the percentage in the corner. If you let go of the throttle it doesn't set the throttle to 0 unless you let go very gently, it usually sticks at 10% or so open (maybe the last read input?). I believe it is doing the same for all the other axis too.

2eyed

« Reply #371 on: August 25, 2017, 10:27:13 am »

Can confirm buggy controller support, as I posted earlier.
Needs an urgent overhaul!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #372 on: August 25, 2017, 03:23:54 pm »

Hmm I thought we fixed this one already, but maybe only after the release ...

Varldsligist

• Long time x, first time y
« Reply #373 on: September 04, 2017, 02:28:08 pm »

Hey-o! What happened to Outerra dev screens? I would love to see at least a weekly update. I really enjoy watching the development process of games such as Star Citizen, however that a whole other level of ambition. Just a few sentences and/or pics of what's going on behind the scenes would be enough to satisfy me :) Please don't keep us in the dark!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #374 on: September 04, 2017, 02:45:54 pm »

A couple of vacations happened :) Will restart soon.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27