Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: Latest version: 17.0.3.8141  (Read 220838 times)

Jagerbomber

Re: Latest version: 17.0.3.8141
« Reply #390 on: March 14, 2018, 06:13:42 pm »

Don't know if this'll ever end up being relevant here, but

https://www.engadget.com/2018/03/14/google-opens-maps-to-game-developers/
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

patmarrnc

question about new releases
« Reply #391 on: April 10, 2018, 11:36:49 am »

although I've had Outerra installed for long enough that there have been multiple releases, I never started building communities in Outerra until the current release.  Since it looks like a new release is coming at some point, I find myself wondering if new world data will overwrite my communities. 

I seem to recall a note appended to somebody's mod saying that it would overwrite anything that had already been built on the same coordinates.  Especially considering the addition of cities, it seems likely that a lot of new data could get written over areas where people might have created their own towns

A friend of mine is currently building a medieval town for an animation which will probably still be in process when the next version of Outerra is released, and he's concerned about the possibility of losing his town if Outerra automatically updates.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: question about new releases
« Reply #392 on: April 10, 2018, 12:23:23 pm »

although I've had Outerra installed for long enough that there have been multiple releases, I never started building communities in Outerra until the current release.  Since it looks like a new release is coming at some point, I find myself wondering if new world data will overwrite my communities. 

I seem to recall a note appended to somebody's mod saying that it would overwrite anything that had already been built on the same coordinates.  Especially considering the addition of cities, it seems likely that a lot of new data could get written over areas where people might have created their own towns

A friend of mine is currently building a medieval town for an animation which will probably still be in process when the next version of Outerra is released, and he's concerned about the possibility of losing his town if Outerra automatically updates.

Major terrain update broke once the users roads/buildings (earth2 release) because the devs fixed an internal issue with the coordinate system whith this build. As far as I know, it was a specific case and current earth2 dataset will still exist even if they release a new one, so old user content be here anyway (as earth1 is).
Cameni also mentioned in the past that OSM data will have a lower priority compared to user data.

patmarrnc

« Reply #393 on: April 10, 2018, 02:56:46 pm »

Thanks for taking time to reply, Acetone!

Mottomi

« Reply #394 on: July 09, 2018, 01:44:41 pm »

Any eta on a new version? I've been seeing a lot of cool features on the Random Development thread that'll be nice to try out.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #395 on: August 21, 2018, 04:24:53 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]