Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Community list of the little places worth a visit  (Read 3460 times)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Community list of the little places worth a visit
« on: March 26, 2016, 02:11:22 pm »

With the release of Earth30 and OSM rivers, I though it must be nice to post here locations worth visiting. Several big locations (like the Grand Canyon) are well know, but here I'm talking about little places worth the visit, either because of the nice rendition in Outerra, because OSM is very clean in this area or even because the terrain is completely broken. Please add geographic coordinates (open the editor with F7 and check GPS coordinates in the left tab) or even a cam_pos :)

Template (quote this post and remove the rest of it to use the same formatting) :
GPS coordinates
Description (why it's worth to go here, and little things you should do in this area).

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: Community list of the little places worth a visit
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 02:17:45 pm »

Mt Fuji area, Japan

35.331292, 138.965780
If you want to see clean and detailed river data, Japan is the place to go. Most of the rivers are in good quality, and even the small man made canals are present :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 02:24:22 pm by Acetone »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 02:23:52 pm »

The Great Towers of Chile

GPS: -49.534895, -75.197106
While being an awesome improvement, the earth30 dataset is not yet entirely clean, and you can see some terrain bug in some locations. This one is by far my favorite, because the amount of spikes and the nice setting makes it the perfect place to test your pilots skills :)

Varldsligist

• Long time x, first time y
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 03:31:47 pm »

While being an awesome improvement, the earth30 dataset is not yet entirely clean, and you can see some terrain bug in some locations. This one is by far my favorite, because the amount of spikes and the nice setting makes it the perfect place to test your pilots skills :)
I must say I prefer this approach as opposed to slower, but more "perfected" updates. Looks cool tbh, I hope I can get my GPU fixed and fly there before they fix it.  8)