Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: VR FAILING Already?  (Read 3741 times)

HiFlyer

VR FAILING Already?
« on: April 22, 2016, 12:36:46 pm »

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
Re: VR FAILING Already?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 01:14:29 pm »

"all devices should reach 56 million unique users"

And they also said that the units would have a low price. The Oculus was target to be sold at around US $300. The preorders are now at $599... 200%  !!!

Her in México, if I want a DK2, I need to pay around US $1,500 !!!!

So... I'll need to wait till they lower the price and the initial "BUM!" fades.

"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Jagerbomber

Re: VR FAILING Already?
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 01:16:15 pm »

Another pointless video by The Know.  (Particularly the title).  Yes, the speculated # of VR sales in the coming years seemed pretty silly, but it's too damned early for this video.  Disappointed that they even made it, but that's the world...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 01:20:32 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P