Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Alps and Alaska Scenery don't show in Anteworld 16.6655  (Read 7261 times)

Karamich

• Outerra Fan
Alps and Alaska Scenery don't show in Anteworld 16.6655
« on: May 12, 2016, 07:14:39 pm »

Hi,

I installed in Anteworld 16.6655 the original OTX packages + the updates of both Alaska and Alps scenery but the location of both scenery is empty, as if they were not activated or something like that? Or shall I do something more to make them visible in the engine?

This is the first time I install scenery because the vehicles I installed before worked well

Thanks for helping me with this

The best thing after flying is landing

Jagerbomber

Re: Alps and Alaska Scenery don't show in Anteworld 16.6655
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 08:03:15 pm »

As far as I know, it won't work on Earth 2 (seen in the main menu) because of the new elevation data.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Karamich

• Outerra Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 09:34:44 pm »

Thanks for the info but what is Earth 2? The version that is available now (16.6655?) and sorry I don't understand what you mean seen in the main menu? Perhaps you mean in the location menu? If this is the case, yes you are right, I can't see the scenery there either

Jagerbomber

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 12:59:29 am »

No, as soon as you start Outerra.  On the bottom right of the window, it might say Earth1 and Earth2 I believe.  It won't work with the new Earth data (I think).
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 02:28:44 am »

If you installed only the new version, you won't have the planet selector in the start menu. If you want to see the scenery, you need to go into your OT data folder (where the eng.log is), and create an empty folder in data/earth

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 03:10:10 am »

To add some precisions: Cameni did some fix with the new dataset that makes old sceneries (especially roads) not compatible with it (sad for the old content, but better for the future). You can still use the old sceneries, but you'll need to install the old dataset and select it in the start menu.

I already remade the Talkeetna airport for the new dataset (called earth2), you can find it here: http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2855.0 :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 07:53:43 am by Acetone »

Karamich

• Outerra Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 09:15:08 pm »

Thanks all for the help :)

Karamich

• Outerra Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 09:37:03 pm »

It works, now I can switch between Earth and Earth2 and in Earth I see the scenery. I am curious to know what is different in Earth2. I see a greener aspect of the land in Earth where in Earth 2, allot of desert and sand and less trees?

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 10:05:49 pm »

I am curious to know what is different in Earth2. I see a greener aspect of the land in Earth where in Earth 2, allot of desert and sand and less trees?

"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".