Outerra Engine > Development screen shots and videos

Track physics & animation

<< < (3/3)

cameni:
It's mostly about the rendering aspect of the ropes, which also need the physics. Bullet has some support for it, but it needs special handling for OT terrain.

The pop-in arrowhead rocks will be fixed, needs a bit different technique than the simple one used for them currently.

ZeosPantera:
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hA!!!!

You have my gratitude and tanks...

Actually is there any way to prevent the grass and terrain from popping up through the tracks? Would it be able to be hidden once the track is in close enough proximity. Soft terrain compression is also something I hope to see.

Also just a tweak, the wheels themselves always seem to move too fast. Appearing to instantly be somewhere else. Not sure how you can correct that but I remember a while ago you stated wheels didn't have any mass yet and dampening wasn't enough. Can't wait to use this!

Will this model be made available in the standard version of the game?

KW71:

--- Quote from: ZeosPantera on May 17, 2016, 10:31:27 am ---Also just a tweak, the wheels themselves always seem to move too fast. Appearing to instantly be somewhere else.

--- End quote ---

Is a common effect on videos (and even in real life).

http://io9.gizmodo.com/why-do-wheels-sometimes-appear-to-spin-backwards-1593807400

cameni:

--- Quote from: ZeosPantera on May 17, 2016, 10:31:27 am ---Actually is there any way to prevent the grass and terrain from popping up through the tracks? Would it be able to be hidden once the track is in close enough proximity. Soft terrain compression is also something I hope to see.

--- End quote ---

I assume the grass will be automatically hidden with the tracks imprinting into terrain, so I'm not going to deal with that now, even though there are other ways how to hide it. Similar to how the rain has to be occluded from cockpits and water from boats.

--- Quote ---Also just a tweak, the wheels themselves always seem to move too fast. Appearing to instantly be somewhere else. Not sure how you can correct that but I remember a while ago you stated wheels didn't have any mass yet and dampening wasn't enough. Can't wait to use this!

--- End quote ---

Current model is a bit unrealistic in that it doesn't go through computing torque for wheels, but directly produces force acting on the hub, and the wheel rotation is computed from that. That computation itself could be extended to emulate also some wheel inertia, though ideally the whole thing would be done properly ...

--- Quote ---Will this model be made available in the standard version of the game?
--- End quote ---

Not sure if this one, but some tank model is going to be included.

OskiekSL:
When this will be implemented I think someone(maybe me?) will go on and try to import vehicles from World of Tanks or War Thunder

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version