Outerra Engine > Development screen shots and videos

Track physics & animation

<< < (2/3) > >>

PytonPago:
Wait, those are separate track-elements ?

cameni:

--- Quote from: Varldsligist on May 15, 2016, 11:38:18 am ---Neat! Is it ready to be implemented or a work in progress? Also, does it pew-pew?

--- End quote ---

It's implemented in our dev version. Anything can pew-pew using the existing fire() method too.

--- Quote from: PytonPago on May 15, 2016, 01:31:06 pm ---Wait, those are separate track-elements ?

--- End quote ---

Yes. We would need something bigger to make it better visible.

Occams Razer:

--- Quote from: cameni on May 15, 2016, 04:31:41 am ---Easy track definition using a piece of track (link), engine computes the wrapping curve for tracks defined as collection of wheels, with given number of links to use per track.
--- End quote ---

So, does this mean that geometry can now be deformed by a spline? If so, that should make guardrails and railroad tracks theoretically possible, right? Or is this system fundamentally different from that one?

cameni:
It's not a universal system for repeating geometry along a spline yet, but it's heading there. It will enable things like rails, road poles and guards, bridges, tunnels, electrical lines, ropes ...

zombie00:

--- Quote from: cameni on May 15, 2016, 04:31:41 am ---Easy track definition using a piece of track (link), engine computes the wrapping curve for tracks defined as collection of wheels, with given number of links to use per track.

--- End quote ---

Simply amazing as with all the updates and previews of new stuff. That's one awesome looking track. You also mentioned ropes, would something like this make pulleys, hanging bridges and stuff of the like possible? I mean, eventually, I know it still needs some work. That would make for an excellent time killer in the current Outerra demo, just playing around with physics is always nice.
I always forget to ask this, sorry if I'm out of the topic, but is the pop-in of small rocks fixable? Not something that would "break it or make it" for me, but it does stand out pretty badly in some cases (this video is a nice example).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version