Outerra Engine > FAQ

How do I stop the bullets?

(1/2) > >>

patmarrnc:
I just discovered Outerra/Anteworld and I am totally excited about the potential to create virtually any navigable landscape for my 3D video animations . That's powerful, and well worth the 15 bucks to me. But I'm not so excited about the bullets that keep whizzing past me every few minutes. I don't have any interest in it as a game engine, only as a terrain generator.  Is there a way to opt out of the game and use the engine to create my terrain without getting attacked?

DenisJ:
I wasn't sure how you can be attacked by someone in Outerra, but then I realized that you could be talking about environmental sounds at fast speeds. They are not bullets though :)
I think there isn't a simple solution for that, are you planning to organize your 3D video animations in a more or less static manner? If so, "bullets" shouldn't be a problem.

Again, I hope that I correctly recognized the subject of your complaint!

Jagerbomber:
Haha, but it's not even multiplayer yet...  We're not even sure what is going to become of it yet exactly.

patmarrnc:

--- Quote from: DenisJ on May 16, 2016, 01:23:31 am ---I wasn't sure how you can be attacked by someone in Outerra, but then I realized that you could be talking about environmental sounds at fast speeds. They are not bullets though :)
I think there isn't a simple solution for that, are you planning to organize your 3D video animations in a more or less static manner? If so, "bullets" shouldn't be a problem.

Again, I hope that I correctly recognized the subject of your complaint!

--- End quote ---

Denis, thanks for taking time to respond! It wasn't a noise... what I experienced was like the rocket flares in the demo about how craters are formed in real time... they were zooming over my head and sometimes hitting the ground near me, exactly like someone was shooting at me in a multiplayer game.  In retrospect, I think I must have been doing the shooting myself accidentally as I mindlessly worked the mouse and keyboard, with my attention focused on the amazing panorama that kept unfolding before me.

And that's good news, since it means there's no problem to solve at all! 

Acetone:

--- Quote from: patmarrnc on May 16, 2016, 09:44:04 am ---Denis, thanks for taking time to respond! It wasn't a noise... what I experienced was like the rocket flares in the demo about how craters are formed in real time... they were zooming over my head and sometimes hitting the ground near me, exactly like someone was shooting at me in a multiplayer game.  In retrospect, I think I must have been doing the shooting myself accidentally as I mindlessly worked the mouse and keyboard, with my attention focused on the amazing panorama that kept unfolding before me.

And that's good news, since it means there's no problem to solve at all!

--- End quote ---

Left mouse button is used for the "crater gun" in free flight mode, this may be the reason why you've been a target, if you are moving forward and press this mouse button, the "bullet" will follow your trajectory path with pretty much equal velocity, so a soon as you get close to the ground, boom, a crater :)
You can change that in the key config menu.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version