Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: What happened to www.outerramods.com?  (Read 2721 times)

bmandudeman

What happened to www.outerramods.com?
« on: May 30, 2016, 12:04:36 am »

I have not explored very much of the forums so there may already be an answer out there. Anyway my topic is just me asking where the heck is the outerramods.com website? I remember being able to access it in 2015, but now it just redirects to the main forum page. I know that I could just sift through the forums to find the mods, but I found it quite nice to be able to browse them in a more user friendly interface. Another question is where can I find more objects for the scene editor? I looked on the forum thread containing them, but 90% of the topics I went to the links inside were out of date and does not exist. I hope I am not yelling into the dark. Sorry if I am ignorant. Thanks!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: What happened to www.outerramods.com?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 01:12:55 am »

The guy who created it (thesanergy)  moved to other projects and probably left a redirect to the forums. It wasn't an official repository, and there likely won't be an official one soon because of all kinds of potential legal issues with stuff imported from unknown sources. It's going to depend on third parties for some time, but because the community is small and there's no game yet, none of the efforts so far lasted :(

One thing that might work would be using a cloud storage, where each user could link their account (like the google drive), and the program would be able to upload created models and share it with others. Then we could create an official tracker for content uploaded that way, that would still be technically hosted elsewhere. The tracker could be integrated, opening the page from within the demo, and mods could install in-game.

bmandudeman

Re: What happened to www.outerramods.com?
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 03:24:51 pm »

That is a shame, this community is the greatest and most passionate I have seen in quite a while. I am glad that some efforts are being made to improve the ability to sort and obtain mods in an orderly fashion. Thanks for the response!