Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Fokker Dr1 [WIP-WIP-WIP]  (Read 10650 times)

booz

Fokker Dr1 [WIP-WIP-WIP]
« on: June 02, 2016, 05:09:24 pm »

Hi guys,

Just some screenshots of my model, Still a lot of work to do... but I can fly :o :o

thank to Acetone for his help  :P.

I use at the moment the script of the Heinkel_He51 / Rafale M / ZS-23-2 (Levi/PytonPago/Zzz).... But I do not really understand what I'm doing  :facepalm: :facepalm:

HiFlyer

Re: Fokker Dr1 [WIP-WIP-WIP]
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 05:19:50 pm »

Looks like something bomber could help you with.......
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 05:21:43 pm »

Really nice detail! This will be fun!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

bomber

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 12:11:55 pm »

Actually it's a bitch to fly..... and yes I do have a jsbsim flight model done for it...

It's old, 2 years plus.... pretty accurate, just not the spin quality I'm looking for... but you'll work hard, just to get her off the ground and you'll never take your hand off the joystick.

I'll need to do some work converting from flightgear to here.

I'll go check it out.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 01:02:18 pm »

but you'll work hard, just to get her off the ground and you'll never take your hand off the joystick.

Sounds fun!!!  :)
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 01:13:42 pm »

Wow, that model is georgeous !
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

bomber

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 01:39:53 pm »

but you'll work hard, just to get her off the ground and you'll never take your hand off the joystick.

No it's not fun, it's a genuine eye opener into the workload of a WWI pilot... there's no trim, it's a full on engine throttle and fixed pitch prop and the engines a rotary, giving enough torque on take off to turn it into a fight to the death just to get into the air.. This plane could never have been given to a novice pilot.

I remember doing the flight model and thinking... no ones going to fly this. If I release it all I'll get is requests to make it simpler... because in their minds it's clearly wrong.

Simon

"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

HiFlyer

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 02:35:56 pm »

No it's not fun, it's a genuine eye opener into the workload of a WWI pilot... there's no trim, it's a full on engine throttle and fixed pitch prop and the engines a rotary, giving enough torque on take off to turn it into a fight to the death just to get into the air.. This plane could never have been given to a novice pilot.

I remember doing the flight model and thinking... no ones going to fly this. If I release it all I'll get is requests to make it simpler... because in their minds it's clearly wrong.

Simon

That might be pessimistic, as the planes in Rise of Flight can be similarly unforgiving and many people love it.......
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

bomber

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 03:09:31 pm »

Well I did this flight model for flightgear and I can assure you there aren't many people there that'd love it..

I also think you're missing the fundamental reason why it's fun on rise of flight.... you're in combat and you have a plane that outclimbes your oponents allowing you to get out of trouble, because he who has the height wins the fight.. Now under those circumstances you can forgive any amount of work.

If you're going for a jolly however and just look at the scenary.... this flight model aint for you.

So it's very much horses for courses and Outerra as yet doesn't have the combat element sufficient that an authentic flight model becomes valid... it'd get a cursory glance, 99% of people wouldn't even get it off the ground at the first attempt... I know I didn't.

So if we want people to fly this plane in a non-combat environment, put the cesna flight model on it... by all means give people the option of using an authentic version.

This is just my experience, that when it comes right down to it, with this level of flight sim that Outerra has at present pushing an authentic flight model does more damage that good.

Give Outerra balastics, probability damage modelling and online play and it's a different tune I'd be singing.

Simon

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 06:42:47 pm »

That might be pessimistic, as the planes in Rise of Flight can be similarly unforgiving and many people love it.......

mhahahahaaaa .... rise of shit ... no, sorry ... riese of bullshit .... so does that mean. ;)
idiots that are seeking for profit and a fxxxg shxxxxt dirt interested in how an aircraft holding at all in the air. your bos/bom is a good example!
such Flysim can so designate; pif-paf oh-lo-lo I'm the driver of a UFO.  =D =D =D =D

@ booz

nice Modell!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 07:44:10 pm by AH-DG »
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

bomber

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 06:56:36 pm »

Sit on the fence why don't ya 😃

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 07:50:05 am »

Nice work booz :)