Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Editor for custom planets  (Read 3346 times)

Player1

Editor for custom planets
« on: June 04, 2016, 12:37:18 pm »

Hi there,

will you implement an editor for creating/terraforming planets in the future? It would be very nice. :)

zombie00

Re: Editor for custom planets
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 02:38:38 pm »

Hi there,

will you implement an editor for creating/terraforming planets in the future? It would be very nice. :)

I'm not 100% sure how it works, but some people recreated middle-earth (from The lord of the ring) on Outerra using heightmap and some other stuff to fill in the data required by the engine. I'm guessing that should allow anyone to make fantasy worlds. I'd love to do something like Nirn (Elder Scroll main world), but I'm pretty clueless about technical stuff.
There are some terraforming tools implemented already, but a lot of stuff is still missing. Trying to shape a world by hand would take way too much time, the most important thing here is getting the world generation system to work correctly.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 03:47:27 pm »

ME-DEM guys had created theyr own forums too ... http://worlds.outercraft.com/forum/ ... contacting them themselves is best option.

also : http://www.me-dem.org/
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Player1

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 08:14:35 am »

Hi guys,

thanks for your quick replies. :) Middle-Earth is a good thing to look on, since it is the only customly created map in Outerra. Maybe I will try to contact the creators and take a look at their procedures.