User mods, screenshots & videos > Scenery

[Released] Monterrey extended

<< < (2/4) > >>

HiFlyer:
Interesting you got more trees over a basically desert texture area. And lots of houses. as always amazed at your patience. I wish houses automatically blocked trees from appearing in the same spot without painstakingly flattening each footprint.

Acetone:

--- Quote from: HiFlyer on June 11, 2016, 04:53:33 am ---Interesting you got more trees over a basically desert texture area. And lots of houses. as always amazed at your patience. I wish houses automatically blocked trees from appearing in the same spot without painstakingly flattening each footprint.

--- End quote ---

Actually it was quickly done, a lot of houses copy and paste, then slightly adjusted to not be on the roads. You don't have to create levelling for all houses too, you just need to copy it with the house. However, since some of the W2Xplane models have extended base, the levelling is broken after you copy the house, so I don't use this for these models.

In fact, since trees placement is mostly a matter of rules + vegetation data, I'm wondering if buildings could have the same type of effect the roads have on trees : removing those.

HiFlyer:

--- Quote from: Acetone on June 11, 2016, 07:48:15 am ---
--- Quote from: HiFlyer on June 11, 2016, 04:53:33 am ---Interesting you got more trees over a basically desert texture area. And lots of houses. as always amazed at your patience. I wish houses automatically blocked trees from appearing in the same spot without painstakingly flattening each footprint.

--- End quote ---

Actually it was quickly done, a lot of houses copy and paste, then slightly adjusted to not be on the roads. You don't have to create levelling for all houses too, you just need to copy it with the house. However, since some of the W2Xplane models have extended base, the levelling is broken after you copy the house, so I don't use this for these models.

In fact, since trees placement is mostly a matter of rules + vegetation data, I'm wondering if buildings could have the same type of effect the roads have on trees : removing those.

--- End quote ---

That's what I meant, actually. It would look great and also be very helpful, especially in covering large areas. Aerofly Fs 2 is very pretty, but I notice the trees appear absolutely everywhere. Parking lots, on roads, in the middle of buildings.........

A shame.

cameni:
Hmm, would an automatic leveling (and tree removal) for buildings be desired in all cases?

Acetone:

--- Quote from: cameni on June 11, 2016, 02:20:32 pm ---Hmm, would an automatic leveling (and tree removal) for buildings be desired in all cases?

--- End quote ---

Probably not the levelling, because I see a lot of cases where it could create problems (buildings models with extended underground walls, large structures, conflict with other roads in some areas...). Plus it shouldn't be applied to all objects, and there is no real difference between simple static models and buildings outside the keywords in metadata.
But right now it's the only way to remove trees, right?
One solution would be to remove (or hide) any trees inside the bounding box of a static object, but I have no idea if it's possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version