User mods, screenshots & videos > Watercraft

Underwater Life

<< < (2/2)

Pollux:
Hi andfly,

Thanks a lot but how do you start the fish swimming..?
I've got the coral and a static fish on top.
Many thanks

andfly:

--- Quote from: Pollux on October 10, 2016, 07:17:46 pm ---Hi andfly,

Thanks a lot but how do you start the fish swimming..?
I've got the coral and a static fish on top.
Many thanks

--- End quote ---

Sorry I'm late ... but yesterday I was away from home and without a computer!

To use the model positioned on the sea in a shallow spot.
To the Anteworld menu (button: ESC).
Click on "water" (or F5).
Click on "Coral Fish".
Click on "Spawn".

The model will appear and the fish begin to swim.

Now you can press the "C" key to select an external view and with the mouse wheel you can get close or get away.

Only two small tips:

1) Choose a seabed pretty "flat."
The movement of the fish is centered on the coral and, if the seabed is sloping and the coral begins to slide, also the movement of the fish will, accordingly, a little "jerky" and less pleasant.

2) Choose a "shallow".
The absorption of the colors on the depth, it is strong enough for default.
If you are "in shallow water" and positions the view "to the hair surface" display also the many colors of the fish.

Good fun!  :)

Pollux:
Thanks so much andfly, it works now, my mistake sorry.

ZeosPantera:
The way they reflect the light at the end of that video is amazing.

andfly:

--- Quote from: ZeosPantera on October 13, 2016, 01:31:55 pm ---The way they reflect the light at the end of that video is amazing.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Zeos.

Yes, the underwater lights are quite spectacular.

But ... I'll tell you more!
When the resolution of the landscape and brought to 30 mt., perhaps for an error (I hope not), even in shallow waters appeared the presence of vegetation (grass) has been changed previously only on dry ground.
This vegetation looks like a cover of marine algae and reflects the light from the headlights of the models (as opposed to the underwater terrain that still does not reflect light).
The resulting effect is very pleasant: in the underwater darkness, the submarine lights make it shine vegetation as if it was hit by the black lights in a disco!
I dug a few clips of movies that I had kept to witness this effect in the case that, with later versions, had disappeared (maybe ... correct).
And I built a short video.
I propose because I think it's a very nice effect (... and I hope it is retained).

P.S.
One "small observation":
Underwater, after a few meters, all becomes blue and then black !
This is absolutely right for the sunlight but I think it is less precise for artificial lighting ...
I think they should keep their color and be absorbed by the distance from the light source (and not with the depth).

Little Prayer ... for Cameni ... (Thank you!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version