Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Fireworks  (Read 6977 times)

andfly

Fireworks
« on: September 17, 2016, 08:56:03 am »

In Italy, and probably in many other countries, it is customary to conclude the festivities with a fireworks display.
I have seen many, this summer and, a few weeks ago, I came the thought: why not on Outerra?
You can create a model that is capable of "sticking" of the lights to a number of small solid objects that then they move like an explosion and fall attracted by gravity?
Sure you can!
The Outerra functions and physics engine allows you to create this effect with stunning realism!

Now, returning from a tiring mission with Mig29 or a long adventure in the mountains or on (or under) the Anteworld seas, you will make you welcome from a "village festival" full of fireworks!

The Model consists of five sub-mod.

The main model is the FIREWORKS SHOW, suggesting, in synchronism, the individual burners to create a small one complete show.
The other four models are the different individual fireworks (which alone can also be used).

Good fun!

To download the Model:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6114pZ3kPTgaVgxUjM0WUY0UUk/view?usp=sharing

A short video:

I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

aWac9

Re: Fireworks
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 03:45:42 pm »

I think its natural environment is water. :)

if you like gunpowder,,, you could try this.
http://www.fwsim.com/

andfly

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 06:01:21 pm »

I think its natural environment is water. :)

if you like gunpowder,,, you could try this.
http://www.fwsim.com/

Thanks, good advice.
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 08:37:38 pm »

Oh, wow!!! More life feeling in OT!!!

Could 2 or 3 of the small particles have a bigger light radius, so they illuminate a bit the land?
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

andfly

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 10:21:08 pm »

Oh, wow!!! More life feeling in OT!!!
Thanks

Could 2 or 3 of the small particles have a bigger light radius, so they illuminate a bit the land?
Yes, they could and, in fact, the first tests were with lights from the upper reach.
I really liked the lighting effect that created the particles when there was the explosion and, above all, when the embers were falling on the ground and created a luminous glow as if they burn the forest!
But I realized that this effect was very heavy for outerra because only one fireworks showed no major problems but when he drew the second and then the third ... then everything slowed down and proceeded to shots (at least with my computer).
This does not prevent to be able to experiment by changing some parameters in the script.
The command that sets the lights is just the beginning of the script and is: this.add_point_light ...
The parameters to be changed are "range" and "intensity".
And no fear ... if you combine a trouble you can always reload the model to Google Drive!