Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: future of the game - II  (Read 17460 times)

stevenmael

Re: future of the game - II
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 11:46:39 am »

Actually we never wanted to live off the engine licensing, that's not something that would satisfy us. Producing games and simulators is the ultimate goal. However, we can only get so far with the resources we have got, and a game can't be made before the engine becomes usable. Developing a complete engine takes a huge amount of resources, and we had to start licensing it to special projects that can use it as it is in order to secure funding for further development.
 Games we have in mind still require functionality that's currently missing or has got just non-optimized placeholders. Our situation is vastly different compared to devs who (can) use a ready-made engine.

Nevertheless we dedicated a considerable part of our resources to actual game development already; our new members are primarily working on the game and multiplayer stuff. Apart from coders we are also getting an art lead for the project, as it's something that was long missing from our procedurally-driven approach.

The game project is still far from being presentable and we decided it wouldn't be wise to drip pieces of info before a complex picture can be made, and before we can verify it's going to work well and utilize all engine capabilities. We also know we'll have to phase it into a prototype and alpha gameplay attractive enough for a wider game base, to be able to boost the dev team size beyond what we currently can handle.

ok i get that, but understand us who paid those 15$ in 2013 (2014 in my case) because honestly I'm concerned as to the status of TITAN IM's license, it being an EXCLUSIVE license and all, wouldn't that exclude even you guys from developing Anteworld?

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 02:48:59 pm »

Exclusive licence for military applications. Anteworld doesn't have anything to do with military.

Tinwing

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2017, 05:29:25 am »

For all that i've read on the forum, i really, really, have the impression that no game is actually in the mind of the devs.

How about Outerra as a flight-simulator?  I thought things were going well in that direction?
Pages: 1 [2]