Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Outerra and rapid refresh rate monitors  (Read 4463 times)

HiFlyer

Outerra and rapid refresh rate monitors
« on: November 19, 2016, 12:02:09 pm »

Still building up my super-system, and I'm now the proud owner of ROG Swift PG279Q IPS 165Hz Gsync gaming monitor which I'm having a lot of fun with. Unfortunately, I'm not having so much fun with Outerra, as it seems blind to the higher Hz that the monitor is capable of, and while the displayed FPS in the sim is high, the actual Hz used by the monitor never exceeds a locked 60.

Outerra seems not to respond in any way to Gsync or higher refresh rates than 60, no matter how I play with various Outerra and Nvidia settings.

Is this something that could possibly be looked at?

« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 12:07:31 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Outerra and rapid refresh rate monitors
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 06:38:55 am »

From what I've read, driver support for G-sync in OpenGL isn't there, or has to be done by Nvidia per title. Seems Vulkan has the same problem.

HiFlyer

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 10:07:09 am »

From what I've read, driver support for G-sync in OpenGL isn't there, or has to be done by Nvidia per title. Seems Vulkan has the same problem.

Aerofly FS 2 (which is also OpenGl) seems aware of the higher refresh rate and appears to work fine with it. In fact it was flying around in Aerofly that made me eager to see how Outerra would respond.  :(
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 01:37:36 am »

I imagined the drivers would handle it automatically. This is the "developer" page for G-sync: https://developer.nvidia.com/g-sync
As far as I can see, no info that one has to do something ...

HiFlyer

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 07:02:13 am »

I imagined the drivers would handle it automatically. This is the "developer" page for G-sync: https://developer.nvidia.com/g-sync

Seems it was my fault. The option to choose 144hz is available in the Outerra settings, but the way its displayed (kinda scrunched up at the bottom) caused me to miss it multiple times. Finally took a deep breath and went through a checklist of all settings and found it.

Seems to be working now.

josem75

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 06:58:53 am »

Seems it was my fault. The option to choose 144hz is available in the Outerra settings, but the way its displayed (kinda scrunched up at the bottom) caused me to miss it multiple times. Finally took a deep breath and went through a checklist of all settings and found it.

Seems to be working now.

Hey. Nice to hear. I bough a Qnix Korean monitor. With Samsung ips 2k panel Capable to overclock over 100-120 Hz. Actually i didnt the Oc coz im waiting for buy a new Card. Probably this week and probably nvidia 1060. I need something capable of 2k resolution now.
So if i have a problem to find refresh option i will ask you :)