Character Animation

<< < (2/11) > >>

andfly:
Thanks Acetone!  :)

And thanks nothinglikethesun !  :)

nothinglikethesun:
:-)

jonslynn:
This is very interesting.  At first you make it sound like 3D Max only.  Then perhaps Blender?  But it needs to be a boned character I guess.  I will have to play around with this.

Thanks

jonslynn:
Wait?  So a vehicle java script does the animation?  I was confused but still interesting.  Just not the way I would import an fbx animation.  I can wait a few years for that I think.

andfly:

--- Quote from: jonslynn on January 23, 2017, 09:06:08 am ---This is very interesting.  At first you make it sound like 3D Max only.  Then perhaps Blender?  But it needs to be a boned character I guess.  I will have to play around with this.

--- End quote ---
When Developers have published the character of the mercenary (in 2014), exploring the related files folder and seeing a large number of "anim" files, I was convinced that all the movements were created prior in 3DS Max as "animation" and they were reproduced in outerra precisely as "concatenate animations" able to display all the character's situations (walking, running, twisting etc ...).
This belief was reinforced by the fact that, having tried to create a model, complete with armature, I could not move his bones with the usual script commands.
And also from the conviction that it would be burdensome for the computer (and also not easy to accomplish) the fact of writing and place, within Outerra, routines able to recalculate the meches deformed by movements.
Because of this conviction (not being able to create animation and not even knowing the method to reproduce them) in all models I've created so far, I had "cut" and "separate" parts to animate, and I had commanded the movement as you do move one aileron or rudder or a gear, with the difficulty of covering, in some way, the contact points between the various pieces and hide the empty spaces that were highlighted.

The discovery of which I speak in this topic, that is, you can control the movements of the bones, it was a great surprise especially for me!

He also caused a large (and further) sense of admiration for cameni, angrypig & co, for the demonstrated ability to insert these routines into the engine without weighing on performance.

A little difficulties arise from the fact that the "FBX" file must meet stricter standards that (at least in my experience as an amateur) not always Blender is capable of producing.
I do not know, at this point, if it comes from a lack of Blender or my inability to build a model with a "well-made armature", but this can be considered irrelevant because there is a way to make sure that the model is "properly interpreted" for Outerra.
Simply export from Blender in "DAE" or "FBX" and carry out a further conversion with the "Autoesk Official converter in the FBX " ( http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Image-Convertors/Autodesk-FBX-Converter.shtml ).
After this conversion the "FBX" file is correctly interpreted by Outerra SURELY!

(Or use 3DSMax .... and every problem is already solved immediately)

--- Quote from: jonslynn on January 23, 2017, 09:55:23 am ---Wait?  So a vehicle java script does the animation?  I was confused but still interesting.  Just not the way I would import an fbx animation.  I can wait a few years for that I think.

--- End quote ---
The result is this:
If you build a model that respects the parameters of a "FBX" file as if it were produced by 3DS Max,and it imports it to the FBX importer Outerra, you can control the movements of the bones of his armature (with the commands of the javascript file) getting extremely natural and realistic movements as if it reproduce an animation.
The huge advantage is that by using the script, ANY movement is possible without the requirement to develop a special animation !!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version